2wd lift??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2wd lift???

anybody have a lifted 2wd I'm gonna put a 6" susp. lift on mine and hope it looks good thats the most (6") i could find for a 2wd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2wd lift???

ive got a 6" on mine... when i bought the truck off a friend of mine it was already on it... seems to work great.... i think its a pro-comp, but im not sure... clears 35's no problem.... i think 6" is the biggest that is out there for an off the shelf kit... you could always add another 3" of body lift... but that wouldnt look to good in my opinion...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:31 PM

good to hear, what about the hieght are you happy with it? is it higher than a stock 4x4
Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2wd lift???

im am happy with it... it is a little bit higher than a stock 4x4... i would say its the same height as a leveled 4x4... im always suprised at how many people are against lifting 2wds (only to see half the lifted 4x4s driving around here missing the front shaft, go figure)... i have found it very nice when towing my tandem... with my old truck the trailer would dig in some steep driveways... with the lift it clears nicely... also for a lifted truck it still gets excellent mileage... anyways if you do decide to go with the lift i think you will enjoy the new view out of the drivers window ...
Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 AM

thanks... your right half the trucks you see dont even run the front shaft but I really like my truck and not ready to trade it I've seen and heard of too many problems with the post03's so I figured a little more ground clearance would be nice we do alot of ridin and camping, I don't really need the 4wd I keep up with my bro's 6.0 4wd wherever we go anyway but some more hieght is gonna be nice.. By the way where are you at in so cal? i'm in so cal too..
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-350MAN View Post
thanks... your right half the trucks you see dont even run the front shaft but I really like my truck and not ready to trade it I've seen and heard of too many problems with the post03's so I figured a little more ground clearance would be nice we do alot of ridin and camping, I don't really need the 4wd I keep up with my bro's 6.0 4wd wherever we go anyway but some more hieght is gonna be nice.. By the way where are you at in so cal? i'm in so cal too..
lol i would never trade my 03 7.3.... hey im in so cal too me and marc want to have a meet and greet during the summer sometime... heck if you guys ride quads lets hit up pismo or glamis..... oh and a 6" 2wd will be as high as a leveled 4x4 if not a lil higher.. maybe an inch..

-Raul
Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'm stationed in Yuma (but in Iraq now) and we ride our dirtbikes at Glamis, Gordon's Well, and especially Ocotillo Wells. I'd like to get a 2wd lift on mine. I can't stand the nose down look.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvdenson View Post
I'm stationed in Yuma (but in Iraq now) and we ride our dirtbikes at Glamis, Gordon's Well, and especially Ocotillo Wells. I'd like to get a 2wd lift on mine. I can't stand the nose down look.
Right with ya buddy I don't like the look either... Hey Raul keep us posted on the meet and greet and yes we ride quads too but I ride bikes alot more my quad is a 4x4 we ride mountains and do some huntin mainly I just like to explore and try to find some land where nobody else can go and bring all the drama, that needs to be left in the city.My wife tells me I'm a country boy STUCK in a city boys life, anyway I can't wait to get my truck lifted as long as it's a little higher than a stock 4x4 I will be happy
Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-350MAN View Post
Right with ya buddy I don't like the look either... Hey Raul keep us posted on the meet and greet and yes we ride quads too but I ride bikes alot more my quad is a 4x4 we ride mountains and do some huntin mainly I just like to explore and try to find some land where nobody else can go and bring all the drama, that needs to be left in the city.My wife tells me I'm a country boy STUCK in a city boys life, anyway I can't wait to get my truck lifted as long as it's a little higher than a stock 4x4 I will be happy
ll def keep you posted on the meet and greet... i know a few of us will be at the dyno event in oxnard may 5th... also i called and got you a price on a pro-comp 6" lift ill pm it to you if your interested...

-Raul
Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3pwrstroke View Post
ll def keep you posted on the meet and greet... i know a few of us will be at the dyno event in oxnard may 5th... also i called and got you a price on a pro-comp 6" lift ill pm it to you if your interested...

-Raul
definetly!!! and thanks for doin that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.