whats it worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whats it worth?

Buddy offered to trade (plus cash on my part of course) for his cummins. Now i know yes, this is powerstroke area here, but you guys know my truck and what its worth more than a cummins or dmax guy so im here. My truck is in my sig, and is still bone stock. hes got a 96 i think it was 12 valve club cab dually, stacks, injectors, dual disk clutch, dvs boost elbow, gauges, raptor pump, 4kgsk and valve springs that arent in the truck yet. kdp was fixed, new oil pump, radiator and intake. He blew out one of the back windows taking the bed off (corner tapped it and it broke, its the 3 piece sliding one) and the body is decent with 150k. What kinda cash should i consider in addition to my truck?

Also, ive got a vibration (u joint it seems) and a squeaky belt, but is fine besides that. He books at 6k, i book at 7k and have a reman engine within the past year or two, and tranny reman tag says 2004.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your truck books for more and you're going to give hime your truck plus cash? I can only give you my opinion but I wouldn't do that trade and I sure wouldn't do the trade plus cash on your end. Those mods on his truck really are not anything that great that they would make the truck worth thousands more.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hes one of my friends so i know the condition (i actually worked on the damn thing lol). I understand hes trying to make his money back. Everything i listed on the truck has been done within the past month, and he really doesnt drive it much. He paid 5k for the truck and put a good 4k into it between fixing and mods. i was thinking like 1500 and my truck woulda been pretty reasonable, since thats about 8500 cash if he sells my truck for book value. Am i wrong about that being reasonable?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM

you forgot the puddle of oil and 313000 miles lol oh and my blue smoke
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok, so it needs an hpop gasket or pedastal orings. and thats chassis miles not engine and trans
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

No way am I going back to a 1996 truck from a 2000!!! You already have the best year for a PSD, keep the darn thing and put some money into it. Still wont spank the Cummins, but it will be rollin coal long after it died. For real value you need to see what they are selling for in your area, location greatly affects cost. Around here you can get top asking dollar for a 7.3, they are proven and the ranchers and farmers know what they will do, but it's funny you can hardly give away a 6.0, especially a 03 or 04 6.0. They know their trucks around here!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I need to get out of a reg cab and i need the 4wd. I got the current since i needed a truck to get to and from school, and refused to go back to gas. the 12valve has been proven to be a reliable, long lasting engine just like a 7.3. Not like a vp truck where id have more luck shooting myself in the foot and walking lol
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I probably wouldn't. If yours was a 98 or earlier I would, but you have a sweet setup as is.

But if you are going to trade, just trade straight across. I like those older gen dodges aswell as the 12v, but I wouldn't give him any money extra. I think you are already losing a little.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like your mind is already made up. Don't ask this org for permission or for a blessing to trade to an older Cummings. If you feel it is the right thing for you to do at this time in your life, then just do it.

JMO
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well the original purpose was to find out what i should pay cash. He put a good 4 k into it within the last month, i know this is fact. Now stock for stock, id be gettin cash from him lol. But seeing as book to book and the money he put in, straight up isnt really fair anymore. I just wanted some general input. Ill be getting another 7.3 soon enough...maybe an obs? unless you can put a 7.3 in the newer trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.