question in the back of my mind (maybe others) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question in the back of my mind (maybe others)

So after looking at PHP's engine failure results, is anybody with a DP tuner running a different tune other than the 80 econo now? I love what Jody did for my truck, woke it right up! But way in the back of my mind, I'm a still a little timid to run the 80E tune. I still do because I believe DP's tunes are second to none, but ya never know. I was just curious as to what other DP owners are doing now. I'm in no way trying to start a pissing match between tuners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

where are these results? link?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 AM

go to powerstrokenation in the 7.3 section and it should be note at the top of the threads.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Subscribed.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM

I run DP in 80 econo 98% of the time. The other 1.75% it's in decel, and once in a while I use the 40 tow.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Anyone having issues here? I don't want to grenade my newly rebuilt 7.3. Have they pinpointed the cause of this?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM

This is a conversation i had with DP Tuner and it definately drives home the point that I honestly chose the BEST tuner for my needs. My worry about my chip is completely blown out of the water now. I just wanted some reassurance was all.

There is alot of propoganda and stuff being spread by a few individuals in particular that have ulterior motives. If people could see the emails we get with all of the facts that are not on the forums it would blow their minds. We are working to address these issues on the forums but in a professional, mature manner not the childish soap opera crap that is going on now. We do not blow up trucks and actually we can prove that our programs are safer with less timing than any other programs on the market.

Here is the deal, if someone trys so hard to prove that someone else is so bad then what does that say? We focus on what we do and let everyone else do what they do. Did you see the recent post (need to look up which forum) where a guy installed another competitors chip (the competitor that is actually talking all the smack about us and having other people come on and talk smack). He installed one of his chips and made a post that he was driving down the road Saturday at 55mph in cruise control and his rod shot out the side of the block.

Nobody said a word about that and it was hushed quickly. But if that would have been our chip it would have turned into a fiasco. We are more popular in the tuning world of the 7.3 so we will get more attention of course.

I appreciate your email and enjoy your truck, we are not in the business of blowing up trucks. If so, we would not last long. If you need anything at all just let me know. I like the way you look at things.

Thank You

James Breeden
Technical Support
DP-Tuner
tech@dp-tuner.com
james@dp-tuner.com

From: Dimeo, Weston R MM1 SWRMC, 1210 [mailto:weston.dimeo@navy.mil]
Sent: Thu 3/4/2010 12:48 PM
To: James Breeden
Subject: RE: Question about F5

Thanks for the reply James. I'll try looking into it. One more question, why the heck are people in these forums blaming you guys for there engines blowing up (timing issues)? I personally LOVE the F5 chip you guys sold me and wouldn't trade it out for anything!! You guys are top notch in my book! I'm assuming that they probably didn't adhere to the directions you sent them and used a chip position they shouldn't have. I wish these nay sayers would accept the fact that if you deviate from anything stock, you are probably putting your truck in a little higher risk. I guess some are just trying to take the easy way out and blame others for their own stupdity. Once again, I thank all of you at DP for what you did to my truck!
Weston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.