Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Transynd

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mschn99 
#1 · (Edited)
Castrol Transynd for tranny y/n

Would like to know if I can run Castrol Transynd in my 6 speed manual tranny and transfer case on my 03 7.3 duelly. Also am looking at front end work possible ball joints but havent had it off the ground yet. Would like to know what I am getting myself into..... would rather spend money on the tools than give it to Ford. 120,000 miles might be a good time to change out the whole works???? How do I get the assembly apart and what do I need for tools??

#2 ·
Would like to know if I can run Castrol Transynd in my 6 speed manual tranny and transfer case on my 03 7.3 duelly. Also am looking at front end work possible ball joints but havent had it off the ground yet. Would like to know what I am getting myself into..... would rather spend money on the tools than give it to Ford. 120,000 miles might be a good time to change out the whole works???? How do I get the assembly apart and what do I need for tools??
any mercon compatable fluid will work in the trans...

as far as the ball joints...tools needed....

ball joint press
13/16ths or 21mm deep socket
wratchet
strait snap ring pliers
8mm or 5/16ths socket for four wheel abs equipped vehicles
1/2 inch drive wratchet
3/8 or 1/4 inch drive wratchet (whatever the 8mm socket fits on)
jack
jackstands
big hammer to jar ball joints free...or pickle fork...dont hit the ball joint...wack the axle...leave the top ball joint nut on about three or four threads so the knuckle doesnt hit the ground when it comes free...
axle seal installer (ford shop will need to install.....see the tech files for instillation instrucktions IF our replacing the hub as well...thats the only way you can do it without the driver)
prybar (a 18-24" one works nice to get the axle/seal out)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.