Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bayfield, Colorado
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
time to give her some attention
2001 F250 CC, 7.3, manual, 165K
All stock, no lift, no changes at all since I have owned it in 03. Looks like maybe a leveling kit since she sits very level.
CPS is new - have 2 spares even
glow plug relay is new - have spare as well
new pass. hub in 09
Since I have a bunch of little things that I think need to be addressed, I figured it might be best to just do this all in one post. The truck has been GREAT for me, no major issues but I think its time to check things over and do a few little things too.
I drove to CA from CO last week and all these things popped up on the return trip home. Any help is appreciated!
The simple things -
1. Time for new shocks - any recommendations?
2. I need new lock outs - any recommendations?
3. the D*** door open light stays on, I know I have seen this addressed before, so a link maybe?
The slightly harder stuff-
1. 4x4 does not engage all the time, its very random when switch is turned. Neither 4H or 4L will work, then all of a sudden it works fine.
2. BAD vibration from front driveshaft when ONLY in 4wd. probably U joints, but figured I'd better ask.
3. This is random as well. When driving at 50mph in either 3rd or 4th gear, it will just cut out all of a sudden and then continue on. always at the same speed and gears though. Has regualr fuel filter changes, oil changes, etc. It has happened once or twice while at other speeds/gears, always when maintaining a speed for a period of time though.
4. e-brake adjustments? Is there a way to do this? I have not crawled under it in the snow yet.
I think that covers me for the moment... I'm willing to upgrade, make some good changes if needed even.
01 F250 - stock