injector miss cause a shake? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
injector miss cause a shake?

This is it for me posting today. I dont want to ake up everyone elses time.
Can a failed or failing injector or two cause the truck to shake at certain speeds? For a while i could click off the od, rev the motor to stop the shake. Now that does not seem to effect it as much. But slow speeds its fine and highway. Its the inbetween thats terribel. Can it be caused by bad injector or injectors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM

whats the three injector tests? buzz, contribution and whats the last?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know how u fell my truck is doing the same thing. I just started a thread yesterday, About my truck hopping kinda. Is the same thing that you have described in your previous post. I just installled new swamps inj. And its a no go on the cure(not the reason i installed the injectors). Also has a new convertor. Im thinking of trying the driveshaft balance also
Old 02-28-2010, 02:37 PM

I would think, in my case, that if its a u joint or driveshaft it would stay bad at higher speeds. Once over 45 i am fine. I was thinking converter. I caled brian at bts, he thinks injectors.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:23 PM

mine does the same thing from 39 to 43ish it does it after that its smooth as can be only thats most the speed limit around here
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Before you bought injectors did you have any tests done? did you just buy them anyway? I suppose it could be the icp,ipr? I replaced those. Its gotten better for me. I seem to drive around these back roads at 40, thats when mine shakes
Old 02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Runnin'wita2cylhandycap

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmount View Post
I would think, in my case, that if its a u joint or driveshaft it would stay bad at higher speeds. Once over 45 i am fine. I was thinking converter. I caled brian at bts, he thinks injectors.
It vibrates at a rotating frequency and the faster you go the closer the frequency gets (finer), It prolly is still vibrating and you don't sense it.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM

How about this for an idea, I think it motor, a lot of you guys think driveline.
Theres a wire under the master cylinder in the harnesses. Its the grey harness. anyway, it locks up the tc via grounding from the computer. I in the past have spliced into this and hooked up a switch tolock the tc. I can remove tht wire so the trans can not lock the tc. Then the converter will work like old schooltc and always have a bit of slip. If i am correct the shaking at 40mph, which i feel is injector, gets a lot less noticeable, then its an engine issue or tc issue. If its the same, cause removing this wire wont change the tires, u joints balancing etc. then its not engine and it is a rotating something or other?
cool??
bob guzzle at Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines had a write up on the tc lock up mod. Thats where i got this.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmount View Post
Before you bought injectors did you have any tests done? did you just buy them anyway? I suppose it could be the icp,ipr? I replaced those. Its gotten better for me. I seem to drive around these back roads at 40, thats when mine shakes
I had a couple of test ran nothing major. Reason for the replacment was that my truck wouldn't start cold unless i had it plugged in. Since the new inj it starts really good now not had to plug it up since. Also, replaced the 8 gp inj harness, gaskets, ipr, and 8 inj.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM

I am thinking about unhooking the tc lock up wire. Where we are having these issues is real close to when the tc locks up. When tis locked the engine mishaps or misfires are much more noticeable. If i unhook and and its better to drive, then my issue is engine. If it changed nothing i need to check wheels etc.
I suppose you couldo it too. I want to know whether to screw with the wheels or driveshaft or the motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.