California Emissions System. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
California Emissions System.

I just bought a 2000 f250 7.3. i found the original window sticker in the glove box it said one of the options was the California emissions system. I'm not really sure what it does but i am sure i want it off my truck. If anyone knows any thing about it and how or if i can remove it id appreciate the help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

It's not like the car's in the 70's where you can ubolt the emission crap, it is built into the way the truck runs as well as add on components. I know they used a Glow Plug Controller and not a Relay, bad for you when it goes out. It should lokk like a small amp near the drivers valve cover, aluminum in color and has cooling fins like a amp does. Look and see if you have this, or if you have two relays to the left of the fuel filter bowl. But you can't remove the emission crap without replacing a lot of components and I sure wouldn't say it is worth it. All states are going to require emissions on diesels in the next 10 years, so you are one step ahead!! lol!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah once i realized it had the emissions system i figured i was in for a trip. i was under the hood today doing some maintenance and a few new mods and noticed the two relays. thanks for the input i just wasn't sure what the system was all about i guess ill just "do my share for cleaner air" and leave it on lol thanks bud. also this is probably a rhetorical question but is the gonna affect the way i set my tunes and which tunes i can and cant get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.