Installing Gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installing Gauges

Ive finally got my Isspro Ev2 Gauges yesterday. when i install the boost sending unit i was going to do the aih delete and buy a tapped fitting from riff raff to put the sending unit in the place of the aih. also for the fuel pressure sending unit i was goin to buy the adaptor from diesel manor to make that work. my queastion is can i buy these both from one place? i would like to buy from a site sponser. any help or input would help. also i put the links for both fittings below.

thanks mike.
7.3l fuel pressure adaptor
DieselManor - Accessories
Aih fitting
Riffraff Diesel: RDP AIH Tapped Fitting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

You might want to put the fuel gauge in with an isolator . If you crack the line , you'll end up with fuel being pumped into the cab . Fire possibility or one helluva mess.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:38 PM

Sorry i should have mentioned my gauges are all electronic with sending units... each sending unit has 3 wires that just need connected to the back of the gauge. thanks for the quick reply though
Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 AM

where did you get your gauges from?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM

i ordered mine from Steel @ gos performance i dont think they are a site sponsor but they were really helpful and i had my gauges at my door step in 5 days they came with everything you need to install except you have to run your own wires to the gauge for ground 12volt power and the dimmer wire. (which i assume is also the power for the led back lighting) i havent put mine yet just waiting for the aih delet plug thats tapped for my boost sending unit and my adaptor for fuel pressure sending unit.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I used the AIH delete plug for my boost gauge as well an love it. However, if you are ever going to need to pull your turbo for a rebuild or fix pedestal leaks or remove the intake to install an HPXO or whatever, i recommend using push-lock fittings instead of the provided compression fitting provided. you really only get one good use out of the soft brass compression fitting (in my experience) and then you'll have to search around the internet trying to find just the fitting and it will cost more to ship it than to buy it. The push locks can be re-used and work very well for me. The ones I have are rated to 100psi.

Just my $0.02

Edit: oh yeah, i got my AIH plug adapter from dfuser.com. I don't know if he has the fuel pressure sending unit adapter or not but he might.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

eGauges.com - VDO, Auto Meter, Defi, Isspro, Cyberdyne and Classic Instruments Gauges
I got my gauges from this place large selection and the cheapest that I found.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 AM

thanks for the advice but my gauges are electronic with sending unites even for the boost it just threads in to the aih delete plug, hook up some wires and im set. i ordered from pure diesel power cause they were the only site i found that had both aih delete plug and the fuel pressure adaptor and while i was there i ordered the muffler delete pipe .

i never thought when i bought the truck id be taking more off of it to make it mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.