New Guy with a few queastions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Guy with a few queastions

i just bought my truck last month its a 1999 F350 ext cab long bed 7.3 with a 6 speed with 75000 miles. Its bone stock with the exception of a chip i dont know what kind or anything it was on there when i got the truck. its my first diesel truck and i absolutly love it! After doing some searching on the site for a while i went with isspro ev2 gauges (Boost, Egt, Fuel Pressure). just waiting for them to arrive! Now for the queastions....

1. when i drill the exhaust i have to drill through the manifold and not the pipe going up to the turbo?

2. for the fuel pressure sending unit. does it go on the fuel filter bowl, and if it does isnt there a plug on the back side i can just screw it in there?

3. for the boost i can just drill and tap the Y on top of the motor? right

thanks for all the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome ONE-TON.
1. Yes the manifold.
2. Im not so sure about that since I dont run one right now.
3. Most kits come with a T that you install in the line going to the map sensor. Other guys delete the AIH and get a plug thats tapped from riff raff. You can get that herehttp://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RRD&Product_Co de=RDPAIH&Category_Code=F731-G-M

4 Here is a good set of instruction on the install...its from autometer. Auto Meter
Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 PM

thanks for the help.....once they come in i might have a few more queastions. i wanna try to get them in this weekend. Just trying to get a plan together before then
Old 02-21-2010, 03:23 PM

No problem. It isnt that hard to do. Just takes some patience. Im actually suprised no one else chimed before me. Usually pretty fast around here.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 PM

here ya go.DieselManor - Installation Sheets
Old 02-21-2010, 03:50 PM

Just a suggestion but I know a lot of guys have had problems with tying into the map sensor for boost (including me). I suggest tapping into your I/C pipe close to the turbo. In the MAP line I was only reading 8 PSI of boost and it was inconsistent but when I swtiched to my I/C pipe (close to the turbo) it was around 35 PSI. Also, when you drill into your manifold MAKE SURE you grease your drill bit to avoid any shavings from getting into the motor. And lastly if your fuel bowl is the same as mine your can easily tie right inro the side of it for fuel pressure. Congrats on the truck!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yes for the boost guage you can drill and tap right into the Y pipe coming from the turbo to the intercooler pipes. Mine is located there and works just fine.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:02 PM

i was going to pull the ic pipe off when i drill and tap it if i go that route which i think im gonna do. i ordered them from steel @ gos performance he was a huge help. has anyone wired in the ev2s? i only got the fuel pressure gauge as of now...the others will be in soon. it came with the sending unit and an orange clip where a total of 6 wires tap into which gets plugged into the back of the gauge. the s/u has 3 wires a ground, sensor, and +/- 5v. the instructions say the other 3 are for 12v supply, dimmer, and a ground. my queastion is. is the dimmer also the power for the backlight or does that come from the main 12v supply.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 PM

I installed the same gauges in my truck. Just follow the directions that Diesel Manor sent you and you can't go wrong. They are really easy to follow and have pictures that make it even eaiser.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Premium Member

practice putting the pod in without the gauges before you paint it...it is a little tricky and once it is painted and there are wires coming down the back of it, it is pretty easy to ding the paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.