7.3 faster? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chopstx667
7.3 faster?

So I've heard the fastest Powerstroke at the moment is a 7.3 with of course mods up the a$$. Stock for stock though, the 6.0 is faster isnt it? Also do the6.0 respond to mods better than the 7.3? I'm asking because my Dad has a 6.0 and I the 7.3 with the same mods on our trucks. It is practically identical except for he has a camper and I have a toneau cover. But when we're lined up, he takes me like none I'm standing still!!

My question, which truck is better to mod and which will give you better performance in the end with all necessary mods done to both?

Thanks in advance

Leon

Last edited by chopstx667; 04-13-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: extra smiley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Dollar for dollar, you'll get more speed out of a modded 6.0L. The benny for us 7.3L guys is a proven bulletproof motor. I would rather have a modded 7.3 anyday than a modded 6.0. That is just my personnal opinion though.

I think your refering to David Lott's SnowWhite 7.3L out of Houston, TX. I have seen this truck in person in the parking lot at Diesel Innovations and it is BADA@@!!! It looks fast just sitting in the parking lot. I'm not sure, but I don't know of any 6.0 trucks built soley for dragracing. I'm sure someone is in the process though. And I bet it's faster than SnowWhite.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to chopstx667
True, out motors are definetly built to last. But performance wise, will the 6.0 always be faster? Considering if they both have the same mods.

Yeah I think it was SnowWhite that was mentioned when they were talking about the fastest 7.3. I saw a video a couple of weeks back and was just amazed.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There are 3 6.0s that are more a drag truck then Snowwhite... one hangs the front wheels, and the other is stroked lightening. There is another that I'm forgetting.

There is another 6.0 like snowwhite from DJ's diesel.

Your platinum has PMR's like mine and will only hold up to 400 rwhp or less... that takes programming, injectors and all supporting mods. For 400 RWHP - just a chip will put a 6.0 up past that.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I wouldn't say the 6.0 will always be faster. It all depends on the mods. If you put in an intake, exhaust, and the same programmer (well say an Edge just for argument's sake) into both a 7.3 and a 6.0...the 6.0 is going to be faster. But, if you spend 60K on the 7.3 and 10K on the 6.0...the 7.3 is going to be faster. With the same amount of mods, I would put my $$$ on the 6.0L.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
There are 3 6.0s that are more a drag truck then Snowwhite... one hangs the front wheels, and the other is stroked lightening. There is another that I'm forgetting.

There is another 6.0 like snowwhite from DJ's diesel.

Your platinum has PMR's like mine and will only hold up to 400 rwhp or less... that takes programming, injectors and all supporting mods. For 400 RWHP - just a chip will put a 6.0 up past that.

Hey Marty Dj's truck is named Mini Me.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you buy a 2000 7.3 and spend 10k on it you're set back about 30 grand or less. Should be laying down around 500hp for that money and running low 13's or better!

If you buy a 2005 6.0 you'll be set back about 35 grand or less... will run low 15's stock.

Which is cheaper?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 AM

My friend had a 6.0 and his experience was it was very fast with mods, but you better sell it before warranty runs out. They wont hold up long term. Ihear the 07s are better though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.