AH Delete..how? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question AH Delete..how?

yep..its me (and just when you thought it was safe to return..) I have a question about this AIH delete mod I keep reading about, along with the EBPV delete. First the AIH thing. Exactly what are the benefits of removing it, and what is needed to do the task? Second, I gather that there actually little, if any benefit, in deleting this. When I mention "benefit" I'm referring to those that will/might help in better performance(ie power) and mileage increase. The reason I ask is that my Beastie (E550 box truck) in at present, sitting in my driveway suffering through my putzing. I can't keep it here for more than a day or two at a time before some of the neighbors start whining to the borough about a commercial truck being parked in a residential ares. (wish they'd get a life and leave me the hell alone) Anyway, just what do I need to have on hand to complete these mods? Thanks guys.

(if a little knowledge is dangerous, when it comes to diesels, I'm LETHAL!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Have you been to this site?
DFUSER.com - Diesel Performance Products Diesel Exhaust Diesel High Performance Part Diesel Intake Diesel Power Chips
It will give you some info on the AIH and EBPV deletes
Old 04-13-2007, 03:31 AM

yes...I have that site in my "favorites" but again, to part of my original question..Just what are the benefits to doing these two mods? To Me, if the benefits are either nill, or marginally noticable, in the areas of either power or mileage gains, I can't see the point of doing a "mod". There has to be some kind of positive result obtained in order to justify doing any "mod"..otherwise, whats the point? If I want to just putz about for the sake of putzing, I could do something that would put a lot less at risk than a 10.000.00 motor. Thats why I like to know just what the benefits/down-points are to ANY "mod" before I attempt to do it. I'm sure you can apprieciate my thought process on this. So again...just what are the benefits/results to be expected from these 2 mods? Anyone???
Thanks.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
The EBPV delete basically eliminates the the exhaust valve that puts the extra load on yur engine when its cold out if its done right you wont harm anything and it will help the mileage in winter on cold days because your engine wont have the extra load

The other option besides deleting it is to just unplug it
Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 AM

Ok..the EBPV mod I fairly understand..about the heating up quicker and I've given some passing thought on doing the DYI exhaust brake mod thing but haven't decided just yet. I know that even when its fairly decent out, this thing almost refuses to move past 5 mph till its fully up to operational temps. Thats why I'm looking at maybe just gutting the whole thing..I can live with cold cab for a few minutes as a trade off for not having to idle this beast for half an hour. Now..any info on the other mod?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Howardtm if you look at this install pics from dfuser you can see where the AIH takes up lots of space in the y-pipe.http://www.dfuser.com/Install%20Guid...2004-05-02.pdf By removing it the air is free from obstruction to flow. How much of an inprovment you will see can't give you a specific number, but Im sure it will help. The negitive side is when its cold at startup you will have more white smoke until the truck warms up a bit. Really that is the only purpose it serves is to cut down on air pollution on startup by heating the intake air up at startup its helping the combustion process of the engine. I really did it so I wouln't have to drill into the y-pipe or splice into the map line for my turbo boost fitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.