Turbo Whistle! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo Whistle!

Hey guys! I'm new to this Diesel stuff. Just bought a 2000 F350 Crew cab with 4" lift, 35" tires, Edge programmer, 4" straight exhaust with no muffler. I was wondering if you guy's know how I can get that Jet engine turbine sound out of my truck? Do I have to go with aftermarket Turbo? I really like the sound of the whistle. I've been watching video's of blowin smoke, and loud turbo whistles and I love it!!! When I shut down my truck, I get a whoooshing sound out of my tailpipe like it is relieving air pressure, but I would like it to sound like a Jet engine shutting down. Any help would be really appreciated, you guy's are great and thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

well at idle teh turbo is not spinning or making pressure. so you won't hear it all that much. i have 6 inch stacks on mine and i hear it quite well. the 6.0 sound better but you have a very nice truck right there. know if you were to shut it down at like 1200rpm you might get the turbo sound you want but i don't recommend that to just hear the turbo wine. on another note. i just came back from oregon on vaction. i was in grants pass visting family. and there are a ton of diesel wagons over there. and diesel is much cheaper there to. welcome to the org. great place. stick around and lear and help others from experiance.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Lord Tauk Send a message via AIM to Lord Tauk
Sounds like you need the Wicked Wheel.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A tymar style air intake will help alot with a wicked wheel. An ATS housing makes a big differance and gut the EBPV it is just slowing air down.:burnout
Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks for all your help. I just ordered a tymar filter and am going to buy 4" stainless pipe to do my own filter install. Where can I get a wicked wheel? Also what is the EBPV? is it easy to gut? Also what is the ATS housing. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, like I said I'm new to diesel's. I have good mechanical ability though so I shouldn't have a problem with doing any work myself. Thanks again guy's you've really been a big help.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

ebps- exhaust back pressure valve. it closes when the engine is cold to aid in teh engine to warm up faster. and teh wicked wheel you can buy from pretty much any vendor or ebay but i would buy from a vendor. the ats housing is just another turbo housing. i hear there pretty easy to install if you have some mechinall background and know your way around teh garage. hope this helps. anymore ? just let us know.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
Thanks for all your help. I just ordered a tymar filter and am going to buy 4" stainless pipe to do my own filter install. Where can I get a wicked wheel? Also what is the EBPV? is it easy to gut? Also what is the ATS housing. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, like I said I'm new to diesel's. I have good mechanical ability though so I shouldn't have a problem with doing any work myself. Thanks again guy's you've really been a big help.
Here is a pic of an ebpv on the left with the flapper intact. The one on the left is the stock and the one on the right is the gillette high flow. You can either gut it yourself or buy one like I did.
This is the ATS compressor housing. The intake is larger goes from a 3inch stock to a 4 inch. The housing is a good way to eliminate turbo surge. Turbo surge usually occurs when you chip a truck and open up the intake. Turbo surge is in a nutshell when the compressor wheel stalls.The ATS housing is on the left stock is on the right
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM

You guy's are awesome! thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Gillette high flow

Where can this be found & purchased?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Here is the link Late 99-03 PS Turbos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.