Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Good shop in Dutchess/Putnam/Westchester NY area?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  robertwhite 
#1 ·
New F250 owner - 2002 7.3L. Wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in the Dutchess/Putnam/Westchester county NY area? Danbury, CT is close too.

Thanks!!!

Ross

#4 ·
300K is a ton of miles depending on what was or was not replaced/rebuilt.

Big difference between Brewster and Beacon, mileage wise.

There is a shop in Danbury that does performance diesel stuff, I believe they have a banner ad here.

If you don't wish to post the town you live in send me a PM and maybe I can help narrow it down for you.

#5 ·
Thanks Robert. I'm in Stormville, 12582, so I'm sort of right between Brewster and Beacon.

I saw on a review site that Brewster Dealer was rated good, but still would rather deal with a smaller shop, if I could find one that really knows these Ford diesel trucks.

#6 ·
I'm in Stormville,
You are around the corner from me.

I would check into the place in Danbury. Keep an eye out for the banner ad unless someone knows. Might be Danbury Performance or something like that. Freedom Ford in Beacon has some decent techs. I dont know of any independent techs that are diesel worthy around here, but I tend to do most of my own work. I am new to diesels, but have umpteen years of working on gassers, so most stuff crosses over.

#10 ·
Try Romar in Walden, NY. I had to put a new oil pan in my 03. They had the best price around and quality work. they have 2 or 3 of there own that they have totally ripped apart and redone. I have pics of my truck with the cab off and ripped apart, it was crazy. They even have a dyno. Give these guys a call. Check out their website Home romar1320.com

#12 ·
Well, my symptom was low power, so for $100 they ran a diagnostic and told me that I had 2 bad sensors (EBP and ICP). So I thought - great - just 2 sensors, should be cheap. Then the bad news - the quote was $700 to replace the two sensors.

I thought that was astonishingly high, so I took the truck home and found sensors on ebay - $115 total for both. One done, took about 30 mins, and the other shouldn't be more than an hour. Hopefully that will fix the power problem, we'll see. Not sure how they came up with $700 but I'm considering it $585 saved by doing it myself (that pays for tires that I need next!)

The diagnosis was not 100%, they said the sensors definitely could explain it but that may or may not be the full story
So I'm glad they were able to give me a diagnosis, but wish it had been more definitive, and the estimate was out of control.

So mixed feelings about it, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.