Oil report! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: tallahassee
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oil report!

Well, I got my report back from blackstone and very happy to say the lest. I didn't put how many miles the engine had and they said it looked to a "spring chicken". Said it had very low wear!! So I am very happy considering I have 226,xxx on the engine. Just wish I could fig out my it smokes like a freight train on cold starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Myrtle Beach
Posts: 218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rock and roll! Thats really good to hear.

I had problems with mine smoking and consuming oil as well, it turned out to be a coked up oil ring on the backside of the turbo. Ran great otherwise, just used a quart or two more per oil change and smoked at cold starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey man, congrats-- I just did mine too and got glowing results for a 202k mile 7.3.

Could you post yours so I can compare? I could post mine again on this thread too. EDIT here's mine attached.

Maybe we could create a sticky of 7.3 oil analysis results for everybody to compare and see what's going on with their engines, but then again the Blackstone boys kinda do that for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E02292.pdf (17.3 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Diescipel; 02-12-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: attaching oil report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: tallahassee
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
here is mine
Attached Files
File Type: pdf F250 oil sample.pdf (17.3 KB, 73 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju015dd View Post
here is mine
We are looking good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: tallahassee
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PUFFER View Post
Rock and roll! Thats really good to hear.

I had problems with mine smoking and consuming oil as well, it turned out to be a coked up oil ring on the backside of the turbo. Ran great otherwise, just used a quart or two more per oil change and smoked at cold starts.

where is this oil ring you had stopped up on your turbo/?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-12-2010, 09:10 PM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: China Grove, NC
Posts: 5,547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diescipel View Post
Hey man, congrats-- I just did mine too and got glowing results for a 202k mile 7.3.

Could you post yours so I can compare? I could post mine again on this thread too. EDIT here's mine attached.

Maybe we could create a sticky of 7.3 oil analysis results for everybody to compare and see what's going on with their engines, but then again the Blackstone boys kinda do that for ya.
LOL, Get ready for late night drunk dials.
I would remove your personal data before posting those.
Note: it will not be me calling.
Oh....awesome results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Myrtle Beach
Posts: 218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aw man, I just changed mine, still haven't sent out the sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju015dd View Post
where is this oil ring you had stopped up on your turbo/?
It looks like a tiny piston ring that stops oil from spewing into the exhaust side of the turbo. Its on the shaft itself in the housing



If you look between the left-hand brass bushing and the turbine, there is a little groove that the ring snaps in. Your smoking might caused by something different but my oil analysis comes up great like yours did, it might be the same situation ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Michigan
Posts: 1,079
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju015dd View Post
Well, I got my report back from blackstone and very happy to say the lest. I didn't put how many miles the engine had and they said it looked to a "spring chicken". Said it had very low wear!! So I am very happy considering I have 226,xxx on the engine. Just wish I could fig out my it smokes like a freight train on cold starts.
How much and how long does it smoke for, I get a little smoke for a minute or two but then it goes away.. was told its normal..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors