Tranny questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tranny questions

I have an 02 f250 7.3 and am curious as to what I can do to build my trans to hold up to what i would like to do to the truck. The truck is pretty much all stock except for having an edge evolution programmer and a straight pipe. I have purchased a bullydog shift kit and am going to install this weekend and also am about to lift the truck 6" and run 35" tires. I want to run some type of intake not sure one yet but like the afe pro gaurd stage 2 and want to run a bigger exhaust but not sure on which size to go with. My main concern though is I know im going to need to upgrade the tranny what would be the best way to go with upgrading the trans? Have heard the torque converter from the torqueshift trans will work and is better than the 4r100 one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
get rid of the edge and the bully dog and get a custom tuned chip.
also if you want basic upgrades get a torque converter and a valve body, if you wanna go all out BTS or john woods trannys..
Old 02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holding77 View Post
I have an 02 f250 7.3 and am curious as to what I can do to build my trans to hold up to what i would like to do to the truck. The truck is pretty much all stock except for having an edge evolution programmer and a straight pipe. I have purchased a bullydog shift kit and am going to install this weekend and also am about to lift the truck 6" and run 35" tires. I want to run some type of intake not sure one yet but like the afe pro gaurd stage 2 and want to run a bigger exhaust but not sure on which size to go with. My main concern though is I know im going to need to upgrade the tranny what would be the best way to go with upgrading the trans? Have heard the torque converter from the torqueshift trans will work and is better than the 4r100 one.
btw welcomee to the org!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Honestly, the BD shift kit will prolly eat your tranny alive.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Big trans cooler! 6.0 or a trucool.

the bottom is the 6.0 cooler and the one in the middle is the trucool that diesel site sells.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Thanks guys for the advise and im not really looking for something to go all out with my truck I just got the edge to get some more power and I got what I wanted with that and I just kinda want to throw some extra goodies on to help with mileage and stuff this truck is more my daily drive than a tow rig. I just have an 80s model f150 that I have lifted and a bunch of stuff done to it and a carhauler that I pull out of town to the huntsville area and stuff every couple of months. Probably the heaviest thing I have pulled with it was our small oliver tractor and my buddies 4 door long bed 05 cummins that lifted thats about the heaviest ill ever get maybe a load of cattle in a 24' gooseneck.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
If your pulling a load of cattle, please DO NOT put the banks trans shifter in
Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 PM

no i wasnt gonna do that i was just gonna be putting a bully dog shift kit in thats it and have been told by a few people to also help upgrade the tranny that a torqushift torque converter will work and bolt rite up and has more clutches and will hold up better than the 4r100 one.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
A 6.0 TC is the best you can get till you get a BTS..I'd have BTS get you a VB and then get yourself a 6.0 TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.