Bringing home my first diesel this week. What to do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bringing home my first diesel this week. What to do?

I am picking up a new to me 2000 crew cab 7.3. It has 122,000 mi on it. I am getting it from original owner. He said that he will go over stuff like changing fuel filter and other minor stuff when I go pick it up.

What do I have to get as far a conditioners for the fuel? I live in michigan so its cold here this time of year. He said he keeps it plugged in during the winter months so it starts easier and takes less time for it to warm up.

Truck has a dialablo programmer on it he said he runs it on the tow tune 40 hp I think. One of the first things I plan on getting are gauges so I can see whats going on.

I am excited but scared at the same time. I have never owned a truck with this many miles on it. I know its a diesel so its not the same. He replaced ball joints and front end parts already this year with new shocks all the way around.

Thanks for the input
Duane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
shaking things up

and congrats on the new to you truck you will love it maintinence is easy on them keep it plugged in if you can it is just easier on the truck but even if you cant don't worry about it mine starts consistent in 5 deg without being plugged in. also gauges are a good plan and you may consider ditching the diablo and going custom
Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

seriously never had a vehicle w/ tht many miles dang must b nice but yea u should love the stroke and Welcome!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Seems like a good seller. Probably a well maintained truck.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryboy17 View Post
seriously never had a vehicle w/ tht many miles dang must b nice but yea u should love the stroke and Welcome!
Ya leased alot. Also I used to live 1.5 miles from work. Now I drive 70 miles one way and I have a focus for that. This truck will be for towing my camper and trips up north with the atv. I was towing it with a f-150. Now I can put my atv in the back of the truck and not worry about how much weight is in the truck and what I am towing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.