Cruise Control Not Working on Manual... Bad Brake/Clutch Switch??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cruise Control Not Working on Manual... Bad Brake/Clutch Switch???

So my cruise control hasnt been working at all for a couple months. Figured it was a fuse but unless my eyesight is worse than i thought, in the manual there was no fuse for cruise control or speed control. Saw in a post somewhere here that on a manual it could be a bad brake control switch or clutch control switch (i believe is what they called it). Anybody got any info on this to help me out???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2010, 04:06 AM
addicted to diesel

well that would probably be the thing on the end of the master cylinder. did you have the recall done on it?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ya, the recall for whatever the hell that harness was. But my cruise stopped working before i had that done and hasnt worked since
Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 AM
addicted to diesel

the sensor that the little harness plugs into is it leaking fluid out of it anywhere? if it was leaking it should have been replaced when they did the recall. otherwise im lost on the other sensors. but ill look and see if i can figure any thing else out in my manual
Old 08-14-2010, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Same failure

I have same year truck as you with 6 speed. My CC just quit a few weeks ago. Have only 75K on truck.....original owner. Had it at dealer yesterday and tech thinks problem is control module, but wants it back for a second look. Control module is $738 so I think I am going to have to work the pedal if that is what it will take to get it working. When I was searching internet I found several complaints about our truck. Looks like this is a problem for our truck series. Will post if I find out more information.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I also had the brake pressure switch recall service done within the last 2000 miles. Don't know if there can be any linkage between the service and CC failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.