looking at my first psd. oil pan question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looking at my first psd. oil pan question

truck has 125 k on it. Owner had oil pan replaced he said it rusted threw and was leaking. One year later its now leaking buy the dipstick tube I have been reading about o ring thats in the pan by the dipstick. Can you replace the o ring with out removing the pan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I haven't done it personally, but i think you can do it with the pan and engine in the truck.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes,it can be done-but have an experianced diesel shop do it so you don't have to go fishing for it if you drop it!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Hah I believe there's a thread about that here. I think. It was kinda funny. Just cause it wasn't me
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well went back and looked at the truck and crawled under the truck to see where the oil was coming from most of the oil is coming out around the dipstick tube where it goes into the pan. Then it looks like oil is also coming from between the head and block on the back passenger side. not to much but the plastic pan that covers the flywheel is soaked. I passed on the truck. we got down to 12,500 but with the oil leaking was to much for me.

I was also expecting more power the truck seemed kind of doggy. My only other diesel experience is my dads 08 duramax. I know his truck has more power than this 2000 but I was expecting more. It shifted kind of funny real quick to go to 2nd gear then you had to give it a ton of gas to get the turbo to spool. On my dads duramax when it shifts into the next gear it seems like it loads the engine and just scoots along this one just seemed to lag after the shift.

The guy has a programmer for the truck and said its only on the trans mode for shift points then there is a 40,60,100hp settings also. He said he only runs it in the trans mode when he going back and forth to work.

Trans fluid was low was not even on the stick when idling in park. when I shut it off and checked it it came back up to the add mark and was clean and pink. He said that he just goes to jiffy lube and they check it.

Body and interior are real clean nice truck. I just cant get myself to bring something home and leak all over my drive way.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 AM

sounds like a good gut decision. i question how well its been cared for...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ya if I wasn't going to maintain the oil in my truck myself, then I would take it to a Ford dealer before I'd ever let Jiffylube lay a finger on my trucks.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am thinking he took good care of this truck. He is pretty anal about it being clean thats for sure. He was showing me the set up he had for changing fuel filters some plastic tube and bottle so nothing got all over the garage when he changed those. The guy seems pretty picky about stuff looking at his wifes car. Their house is in good shape and clean. So overall it looks like he cares for his stuff well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.