Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Installing leveling kit/ball joints this weekend-do I need an alignment???

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Performance Oil Products 
#1 ·
So I have all my parts together finally (my leveling kit is on the doorstep according to UPS.com) and I'm installing everything this weekend. I'm putting the leveling springs on (all new springs, not just helpers), shocks, poly swaybar and trackbar bushings, and new ball joints/seals. Do I need to get an alignment when I'm all done? The truck is a tiny bit out of whack, but I was going to just rotate the tires for now since A: I'll be getting new ones in 5K miles probably anyway, and B: it's really really slight. Of course if putting all this new chit on throws it way off I'll need to do it anyway, so just askin...

#3 ·
Actually you maybe really close. Anybody can align one of these trucks with a tape measure. As far a straighting the wheel all you have to do is loosen the adjuster on your steering link and turn it which ever direction you need to strighten your steering wheel.

Make sure you measure from the back of the tire and pic the same tread on each tire. Most alignment shops do this exact practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.