Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AFE Air Filter Cleaning

762 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  99BEIGEPOWERSTROKE 
#1 ·
I bought a used AFE Stage 2 Intake off a member on here. Its got the Pro Guard 7 filter with it that is yellow. When I got it the filter was black and dirty. I bought a cleaning kit and did what it said but after cleaning it and oiling it the filter still looks black. I was hoping it would turn yellow again. Anyone else have this filter and have cleaned it? I was just wondering if I did something wrong or what? Will it never be that yellow color again? I sprayed cleaner on and let it sit like 15 minutes and then rinsed it off and the let it dry and then sprayed it with the oil that looked like it was tinted yellow but the filter still is black looking. Thats what it said to do. Thanks

#2 ·
Bump anyone. Anyone have pics of there pro guard 7 filter after cleaning with some miles on it?

#3 ·
Get a filter cover for it and order whatever color you want. They are about 10 bucks or so...

#4 ·
Is it clean enough though? It seems clean. Will it just never be yellow again? I dont care if its yellow just want to be sure it is clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.