I'm back.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FasTruckMonkey
I'm back..

Well sorta..I signed up back in Feb when I was looking for a 99-01 PSD, and after just missing out on 5-6 trucks, I gave up. Well this week I found another one..lol Its not exactly what I want but I still like it alot. (I want a crew cab, but this is an ex cab short bed)
Its a Silver 00' 4wd, grey cloth interior, all power options, electronic 4wd, 108,000 miles, leveling kit, some aftermarket black wheels with a 315/75 BFG All Terrains, K&N Filter & Tube, Superchips prog, 4" exhaust. $17,800
Its got a dent/scratch in the rear bed panel on the pass side, looks like he cut a corner to sharp and dragged it against something.

Now I test drove it, and ive never driven a turbo diesel before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I only took it down some back roads, and never got it above 55. It was not as peppy as I was expecting..but again I never got into it that hard. It had no aftermarket gauges for the boost or EGT, and I just didn't want to beat on it. When I applied the brakes, it felt like it was following the road, it didn't track very straight. I later looked at the rotors and they "looked" good form what I could see. No grooves or discoloring. Would that be something else in the front end to cause it to wander when braking?? Engine compartment was pretty dirty, looked like it never had been cleaned. Overall its very clean truck, interior looks really good, and the paint is pretty nice.

Sooo what do you guys think. If the front end wasn't a big deal, I was going to start my offer around $16,500.

Thanks a bunch guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 AM
The Fat Mod

I think that is a little steep. If I were you, I would keep my head up, and get what ya want. The K&N is a no no on these trucks. Sounds like the previous owner may have beat on it a little too. The breaks issue is prolly ball joints, which run $600-800. I would say get ya a CC unless they just make ya a really good deal on it. The nice thing about the 2000s though is they have forged rods. Try taking the intake off that goes to the turbo and look at the wheel inside the turbo. Look to see how smooth it is. That will let ya know how bad the K&N was on it. Good luck, and if you have other questions, let us know. Just dont settle, get what you want and you will be more happy in the long run
Old 04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea I think its a lil high myself, figured I could use the front end and dent as bargaining tools.

Thanks for your input, I have a friend thats owned 2 PSD's, think I going to see if he will go look it over again with me.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

I think you Answered yourself when you said it wasn't what you really wanted. 17K or whatever is alot of money to spend on something that isn't what your looking for. The milage is ok, but if the engine bay i dirty and looks like it has never been cleaned I can imagine how well it was maintanced. I also think 17,800 is a bit to much. This is only my 2cents you can take it anyway you like. Good luck with your hunt.

Shawn
Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeh..the more I think about this, and the more I talk to people, the more I think im going to pass this one up..Unless he makes me one hell of a deal, im going to keep looking.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Man oh man..well, might be taking another road trip on Saturday..00 4WD CREW cab, red, totally stock PSD with 138,000, mid $16's. Truck looks spotless.

Last edited by FasTruckMonkey; 04-05-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
The Fat Mod

That one sounds a little better. That way you can start from a clean slate. Get some pics and let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.