Got my TS performance chip in. mods i currently have

wicked wheel
straight pipe exhaust
big air filter mod
boost fooler
hid headlights
billet grille
and ts 6 pos performance.

the factory clutch that is in my truck is only 4 months old. dealer ship put a new one in before i bought my truck.

when im in 3rd and i punch it. it slightly slips until around 2300 rpm and then grabs.

#2 ·
when im in 3rd and i punch it. it slightly slips until around 2300 rpm and then grabs.[/QUOTE]

huuuuuuuuuuaaaa????
sounds like they may not have put in a good clutch oooooooorrrrrrrrrrr...
they didnt change it at all

#3 ·
i got it changed at 5 star ford. I know they changed it cause the truck slipped even in 1st when i test drove it. and they work on my fleet cars there so i got to pretty much check in every few hours and watch the tech change it out.

soooo..... is it possible they didnt change the fly wheel? maybe its scored? thanks for the input keep it comin.

by the way. reguardless its gonna need a stronger clutch.

should the stock clutch hold up? or should i just upgrade it?

#7 ·
Not sure, just make sure you get one that is rated for more HP than what you plan to make, that way if you get close to your ideal HP and add a new mod and go over that you will still be good on your clutch. :thumb:

#9 ·
if your just running a truck with intake, exhaust, and a chip how many hp clutch do you need? i know ill never go with turbo or injectors or anything big like that its to impraticle(spelling?) for me using this as a work/persional truck

#11 ·
im gonna go with one of these Performance Clutch - Ford PowerStroke

i'll probably with with the 450/900 clutch kit for little over 700.00 thats a good price to have piece of mind.

so... guys how hard and long with it take me to change this clutch out on my 6 speed 2wd. I have 2 floor jack and a tranny jack. I also have all the air tools needed as well. so what do you think on time? anything i should know before i get ready to do this?

btw im going to video me driving around. i get lay rubbing to 60 mph without popping the clutch:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.