>>>>The New Trick<<<< - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
>>>>The New Trick<<<<

Hey everybody, I just got this on my e-mail about the new way that thieves could be getting into your truck, without breaking a window or busting the door lock.
I just couldn't help but pass it around, because I know there are quite a few of you using the key fob besides me....

How to Lock Your Car and Why

I locked my car. As I walked away I heard my car door unlock. I went back and locked my car again three times ... Each time, as soon as I started to walk away, I would hear it unlock again!! Naturally alarmed, I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. They were obviously watching me intently, and there was no doubt they were somehow involved in this very weird situation. I quickly
chucked the errand I was on, jumped in my car and sped away.. I went straight to the police station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into cars. Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar happening.... While traveling, my friend's son stopped at a roadside rest to use the bathroom. When he came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later, someone had gotten into his car and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator, briefcase.....you name it. He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into, the police told him he had been a victim of the latest robbery tactic

There is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device..
They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and that they now have a few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock your car door by hitting the lock button inside the car that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim, it will not be you. When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting, it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain, it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be instantly stolen. This is very real. Be wisely aware of what you just read and please pass this note on. Look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote just to be sure we remembered to lock them and bingo, someone has our code....and whatever was in our car.
Snopes Approved Please share with everyone you know

B.S. or not it doesn't hurt to know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to F250 Fever
thx man will do
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM

I already do this but its good to know.... What is this world coming too????
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

I'm definitely gonna start locking the doors withe the PL button in the truck.
thanks bud
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Not B.S. at all! Definitely going to stop using my key chain to lock the doors! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:29 PM

gotta do the same with your garage door also hit the button thats mounted on the wall if you use the remote on your visor they can get the codes to that also. and your house alarm if you have the key chain remote that adt was advertisin awhile back anything that sends a signal threw the air can be caught
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i def didn't know this. but what is the world coming to? im about to hire a security guard to sit in the back seat of the truck 24-7 so nothing happens to it.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM

This is the first time that I'm happy my truck has manual door locks!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nboeger4 View Post
i def didn't know this. but what is the world coming to? im about to hire a security guard to sit in the back seat of the truck 24-7 so nothing happens to it.
You can never go wrong with a trunk monkey Thanks for the good info I deff didnt know this. Just hope I remember once back in country lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 PM

good bye key fobs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.