would air in my fuel system cause this???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
addicted to diesel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question would air in my fuel system cause this????

ok so a little info ive had a miss and injector cackle going on. i noticed tonight that when i went to start it i listened to the fuel pump and it kinda sounded like there was something like air going threw it. my question is if air is getting in there can it cause a miss? im still kinda new to diesels. if there is air getting in im assume its gettin in where the fuel line connects to the pump cause i replace the pump cause i though it was bad. i still have the oem one that i kept for a spare. the issue when i replaced it was the power wire was groundin out on a bracket that it had rubbed threw the wire. sorry for babling any info would be helpful. thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Yes poor fuel supply can cause a miss and poorly running engine. It is possible you are sucking air with the fuel pump.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Order the pre-pump/tank kit from diesel innovations and it possibly could eliminate your problem. I did mine and the truck is so much quieter it dont even sound the same.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
addicted to diesel

Well im gonna try putting my original pump in and see what happens. the stuff in that kit i can buy at the local hardware store if i can figure out the sizes if compression fitting and fuel line they use for cheaper than they want for it. though i will keep that in mind if i can't figure out the sizes and the oem pump doesnt cure it.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 AM
addicted to diesel

found guzzles right up on the in tank prepump mod - Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page - so now i have the sizes and i actually have the compression fittings and metal line sitting here collecting dust. so if the oem pump doesnt stop the air im gonna do that mod.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
addicted to diesel

well upon further inspetection cause my dad siad he smelled diesel when i was at his place, i found out that the water seporator valve is leaking fuel whick would mean air is getting in so i guess im replacing orings. i will be doing the tank mods when it warms up.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
addicted to diesel

well it was the orings on the drain vavle. still has a miss and knock once in a while. im gonna do a buzz and contribution test as soon as my buddy gets back from bein otr. figured i update incase any one was havin an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.