Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Newbie Here...Gotta few Questions Plz.

790 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  XR-2001 
#1 ·
Hello folks,,, Been lurking around here a while, have not posted yet. I'm glad to find this site as you guys are a wealth of information. I'm into high performance 10k plus rpm Mercury Outboards both drag and river running etc... and can appreciate ya'lls insight , knowledge and trial & error as to what makes these powerstrokes all they can be.

I got a 2001 SB F350 4dr 4wd Super Duty w/130k miles. I also have the dreaded oil leak which I suspect is the turbo seals after reading up on it a bit. Looks like a rear main seal area leak at first..One of my oil pump orings went out several months ago while enroute to the house from work,at night,,, what a mess, you never know how much oil you can loose till one of them oring goes. Caught that in time tho,,, all was well.

Here's what I've done to date: 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, tranny pan upgrade, guage pod,K&N filter kit, 4.5" Rubicon all spring lift & single shocks, 35"x17 BFG T/A KM2's, Warn hubs,and sum nice billet rims.

I have a new in box superchips Cortex, but can not yet install due to the programmer saying that the truck has a non-stock PCM upgrade,,,( I think the guy who owned the truck before me had the stock unit flashed by Ford, but am not sure, I bought the truck w/42k miles)

NOW, here's my delima: While changing out the turbo ped orings, I plan to gut the Ped housing,upgrade to a new Wicked wheel/bearing replace, dump the K&N filter for the NAPA filter as ya'll have posted on here, and defoil inner cooler pipe. I'd really like to do the fuel bypass option as noted on here, but that's kinda spendy.What else would ya'll suggest while I'm camped out under the hood ? ? ? ? And, What do I need to do in order to install the dang programmer ?

Preciate ya !

Russ

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, I wouldn't want to own my truck without this forum.. These guys are lots of help!
sounds to me like your almost ready for a ts chip, just as soon as you dump the K&N! Maybe do the CCV mod also, that could be where the oil is coming from.

#6 ·
There computer is under the dash on the left, next to the brake pedal. If you take the cover off you should see the connector where the chips are plugged in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.