Newbie Here...Gotta few Questions Plz. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie Here...Gotta few Questions Plz.

Hello folks,,, Been lurking around here a while, have not posted yet. I'm glad to find this site as you guys are a wealth of information. I'm into high performance 10k plus rpm Mercury Outboards both drag and river running etc... and can appreciate ya'lls insight , knowledge and trial & error as to what makes these powerstrokes all they can be.

I got a 2001 SB F350 4dr 4wd Super Duty w/130k miles. I also have the dreaded oil leak which I suspect is the turbo seals after reading up on it a bit. Looks like a rear main seal area leak at first..One of my oil pump orings went out several months ago while enroute to the house from work,at night,,, what a mess, you never know how much oil you can loose till one of them oring goes. Caught that in time tho,,, all was well.

Here's what I've done to date: 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, tranny pan upgrade, guage pod,K&N filter kit, 4.5" Rubicon all spring lift & single shocks, 35"x17 BFG T/A KM2's, Warn hubs,and sum nice billet rims.

I have a new in box superchips Cortex, but can not yet install due to the programmer saying that the truck has a non-stock PCM upgrade,,,( I think the guy who owned the truck before me had the stock unit flashed by Ford, but am not sure, I bought the truck w/42k miles)

NOW, here's my delima: While changing out the turbo ped orings, I plan to gut the Ped housing,upgrade to a new Wicked wheel/bearing replace, dump the K&N filter for the NAPA filter as ya'll have posted on here, and defoil inner cooler pipe. I'd really like to do the fuel bypass option as noted on here, but that's kinda spendy.What else would ya'll suggest while I'm camped out under the hood ? ? ? ? And, What do I need to do in order to install the dang programmer ?

Preciate ya !

Russ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 AM

Welcome, I wouldn't want to own my truck without this forum.. These guys are lots of help!
sounds to me like your almost ready for a ts chip, just as soon as you dump the K&N! Maybe do the CCV mod also, that could be where the oil is coming from.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

x2 on the CCV mod, help keep under the hood cleaner
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Thanks.

I have the Superchips Cortex new in box, but can not load it. How can I tell if a chip is already installed, or a non-stock program has been added? The truck has always run better than stockers of others that I have rode in.

Russ

Last edited by XR-2001; 01-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:34 AM

Will I need to take the truck back to Ford and have it reflashed back to stock?

Thanks, Russ
Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 AM

There computer is under the dash on the left, next to the brake pedal. If you take the cover off you should see the connector where the chips are plugged in.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 AM

Thanks Bud, I looked at that once, did not see anything noticeable or different . I'll have another peek.

RB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.