Son of a @#%@^ fuel drain leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Son of a @#%@^ fuel drain leak

I NEED my truck this weekend and I am leaking diesel on the fuel bowl drain. I ordered the orings from guzzy on monday and they are lost in lala land. I called ford to see if they have them on the shelf and all you can order is the valve and oring kit. Its $59.34 for the kit.

The kit from guzzy is $16 and that is enough to fix all the orings on the whole filter not just the drain!
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

Its not guzzys fault. He shipped my order right away. Its the post offices fault!!

I need to get this fixed tomorrow no matter what. I am taking the day off work and even going to have to work in the cold. They are calling for 15 deg in the morning and a high of 20! crap I hate it when things dont go right.

Oh and I need to replace a section of hose that feeds my 6.0 cooler since it started seeping on the drive home from cali.

Anyone know a indian heat wave dance or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I don't know why Texas USPS has such a problem. It always seem to take longer to get to Texax....

A short term fix that will hold the drain valve for a week or two until things arrive is to pull the valve and flip over the two o-rings between the valve and the fuel bowl. When you pull the valve off, you will see that the factory Buna-N o-rings are flat as a pancake (compression set that is characteristic of Buna-N). Flip them over so the rounded side is against the fuel bowl and it will take a little while before these crummy Buna-N o-rings collapse again.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Well I guess I can not be too mad at the usps. well maybe I can... they stuck the box in the mailbox next to mine. I got it about an hour ago thankfully.

Bob - Thanks for the fast shipping! you rock! I think tomorrow just to get on the road again I am just going to replace the drain o rings and worry about the rest of them when its not 12 degrees out. Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
i did the whole valve on mine took 15min to replace..was easier lol
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM

15 minutes? you must have little hands. My jumbo fat fingers made this job a PAIN!! Plus it was about 18 degrees out and windy. I strongly suggest no one try working on their truck in the cold! its NO fun!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.