p1248 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p1248

What are all the possible causes for trouble code p1248. I read that it is for no boost detected but what causes this - bad turbo, bad connections or what. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

P1248
Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected

Yep bad turbo, blown boot on the turbo/IC plumbing, not sure if a bad map sensor would cause the 1248 or not. I loaned my shop manual out to another member and haven't gotten it back!! So if you read this SEND ME BACK MY MANUAL!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Found this using Google in 10 sec. looks like I was right on.

P1248 possible fix MAP hose, sensor, EBP sys, intake leaks, turbo

I would pull the EBPS and check the tube for carbon deposits and clean with brake cleaner.

Why don't you tell us what the symptoms are???
Old 12-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Truck seems to run fine - keep in mind this truck is new to me so I have very little seat time. Now, when I get up to say 1500 - 2000 rpm and try to stand on it I have nothing. Seems to be running strictly off the motor with no boost. I don't have my gauges yet so no way at this point in telling if I have low boost or none at all. Feels real bad if trying to pull a trailer. Compared to my pickup this truck has no power at all. The hissing is very loud when cold - which it has been but goes away like it should when the truck warms up. I looked over all the boots from the intercooler and didn't see any rips or tears so I guess maybe I have a bad turbo. Keeps throwing the same three codes (p1391, p1393 and p1248) I replaced the GPR with a Ford replacement part and it made no difference. I now have new valve cover gaskets and new glow plugs to install this weekend. I hope that will take care of the first two codes. This is starting to suck!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaredd View Post
Now, when I get up to say 1500 - 2000 rpm and try to stand on it I have nothing. Seems to be running strictly off the motor with no boost. Feels real bad if trying to pull a trailer. Compared to my pickup this truck has no power at all. !
Sounds like a turbo.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Update

Found a wire that has been disconnected from the GPR for what looked to be a long time from the previous owner. Re-connected it in the correct place, cleared the codes and it seems to be much better now and actually can hear the turbo whistle a little. I really believe that with the SES light on the PCM was controlling the fuel and making it so no boost could happen (some sort of limp mode). I also checked the MAP sensor and line from the MAP (which was very clean) and all seems to be much better. Now after sitting overnight in the cold I am sure the p1391 and p1393 codes will come back - these should be corrected with the new valve cover gaskets and glow plugs we will install tomorrow. Man I hope I am making some progress and don't need a new turbo.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good to hear! sounds like someonee was just goofy enough to leave something unplugged!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.