Matt P's unbelievable bad luck - you won't believe this story - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Big Red

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Matt P's unbelievable bad luck - you won't believe this story

Okay, so Monday night Matt loaded up his 95 F350 stroker on a trailer so he could take it to Ohio to do a transmission swap since he sold his ATS tranny to a guy in Ohio. I got to his house around 7 so he could show me how to properly remove my Edge programmer since I sold it and needed to ship it out.

So we get in his 08 F250 with the OBS secured on the trailer right behind and take it for a spin to make sure things are in order for the long trip he had planned the next morning. When we got back, he realized that it had puked really bad. There was coolant everywhere and a blown head gasket. This is where the bad luck begins.

Naturally this puts a big damper in the process. The only reason he even needed to tow his OBS is because people owed him parts that they should have sent in a while ago but didn't, so now the truck is not in running condition due to missing parts. Anyway, something else came up. A tire on the trailer had gone flat and it apparently happened during the 10 minute test drive with the trailer.

Matt's stock tires fit the trailer so we started taking the lug nuts off in order swap the flat tire. All the lug nuts come off except the last one. A few cracked sockets and a rounded nut later, it was determined this last one wasn't coming off. A phone call to the douche bag rental company yielded nothing positive. The guy on the phone said to just brake the stud. Not a good idea. The kid in Ohio who bought the tranny had already taken his factory tranny out and was only waiting on the new one from Matt, so he really need to get this thing down there. I suggested we fill the flat tire with air and drive it down to my house using my truck to tow the trailer.

Naturally, the tire blew out while we were driving but we kept going anyway until there was nothing left of it. It was going to be a long night but we had to get this thing out.

By raidsara, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2009-12-18

By raidsara, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2009-12-18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Big Red

Here's what's left of the tire:

Old 12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Big Red

The story continues.....................

Since the truck isn't running, we couldn't just drive it in to my garage; besides, it wouldn't fit straight in anyway. We had to jack the front of the trailer high enough (using lots of retention wall bricks) in order to be able to offset the grade of my driveway.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Big Red

Luckily, Matt bought a couple of wheel dollies because it was the only way to slide the truck in sideways.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Big Red

This was a long process.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Big Red

We're getting pretty close to getting this thing in now

Old 12-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Big Red

Did I mention it was -10 outside?????????????????
Old 12-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Strokeorcroak Send a message via Yahoo to Strokeorcroak
HAHA he sold it to Nick (duraturd), he is on the .org

But yeah we heard all about this and the funny thing is that it would ONLY happen to Matt. Any other guys truck wouldnt have puked, the trailer would of been fine, and the parts would of all of arrived on time in order for the OBS to run.

I feel bad for Matt but one of these days his luck will turn around and he will be doing GREAT in life! I think we are all envious of his truck(s)
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Big Red

Back to the story............... so finally the truck is in and we could close the garage door. It ended up being 34 degrees in my garage at first.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sweet fancy, that seems like it was a little ordeal? Haha, glad to see you guys made some progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.