I've herd that there is about 3 Qt. of engine oil (in a '03 7.3l) that doesn't drain when the pan plug is pulled.
The story that I herd goes,
1. Change Engine oil as normal.
2. Remove a (pipe) plug at the front of the engine, just to the right of center.
3. insert a rigid tube, & remove about a Qt. of oil with a vacuum set-up.
4. Run the Engine for a couple of minutes.
5. Repeat step 3 & 4, recheck & top off Oil. (oil removed will be black)
5. Repeat step 3 & 4, recheck & top off Oil. (oil removed will still be black)
6. Repeat step 3 & 4, recheck & top off Oil. (oil removed will start to look cleaner)
The story that I herd continues that this is oil that has to do with the fuel pressure regulator, and such.
Any one ever here of this, TSB's or other wise?