Stancor relay - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to excursionMark
Stancor relay

anyone using a stancor relay for their gpr ... and if so any negative feedback about them ... im gonna have to replace my gpr and just curious as to any negatives of these ... positives also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

read the top sticky on this page. Nchornet just did a nice article and mentions the realy and has a link with how to and pics. He has nothing but positive thiings to say about it
Old 12-08-2009, 07:30 PM

never heard anything bad...when my stocker goes, its stancor for me
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM

will do ... main thing i wanted to see is if anyone had any failures or negative things to say ... just curious ... ive really heard nothing but good about them thats y i wanted to see if anyone had a bad experience
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I wouldn't do a write up if it wasn't 100 times better than the stock piece of crap!!! Mine has been on for four years now and my truck starts better in the cold than it ever did. If you have ever cut open a stock relay you would see why they don't last, that type of relay is used for a starter relay, it is not meant to have voltage applied for up to two minutes at a time. Glad somebody is reading the write ups!! I can't promise you that a Stancor won't go bad in 6 months, these are mechanical/electrical parts that fail. But I can promise you that the components used in the Stancor are made to handle the needs the truck requires. Just holding it in your hand is a eye opener, weight is probably 10 times the stock relay and about 3 times as big!!

NCH
Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I even went and got the link for you!!

Stancor Relay Mod!!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
I wouldn't do a write up if it wasn't 100 times better than the stock piece of crap!!! Mine has been on for four years now and my truck starts better in the cold than it ever did. If you have ever cut open a stock relay you would see why they don't last, that type of relay is used for a starter relay, it is not meant to have voltage applied for up to two minutes at a time. Glad somebody is reading the write ups!! I can't promise you that a Stancor won't go bad in 6 months, these are mechanical/electrical parts that fail. But I can promise you that the components used in the Stancor are made to handle the needs the truck requires. Just holding it in your hand is a eye opener, weight is probably 10 times the stock relay and about 3 times as big!!

NCH
i figured that you wouldnt support it without it being the chit and i read your write up and the write up on guzzles site ... i just ordered it this morning so ill be looking at those write ups again soon ... does anyone by chance know the amp ratings on the stock unit ... never seen anything about them .... oh and NCH i was reading through the responses to the write up and as far as the google thing heres a fun site to use when u wanna poke fun at people for asking dumb questions Let me google that for you ... create your own at Let me google that for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.