Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

oil leak

875 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
i have a oil leak in the valley of my motor, and im starting to think its the hpop o-rings, because its right under the fuel filter bowl and drains down the tranny. i was wondering if anybody had a step by step post on how to fix this and what parts do i have to remove to get to this o ring.

#2 ·
The HPOP is infront of your fuel bowl... giant piece of gray aluminum. You have to take the cover off your fuel bowl area, and that should be about it. Get a few open end wrenches (not sure what size) and go to town. Replace them anyway since your checking even if its not your issue, its like $2 for o-rings.

#3 ·
i checked that and i didnt see any oil coming out of the lines, from the pump, but i see alot of oil in the valley.

#5 ·
ok, when i unplug these, will oil shoot out and whats the part number on these ?

#7 ·
As long as its not running :hehe:

If its in the valley, you need to check your pedistal o-rings, make sure no oil coming out of the turbo.

#8 ·
what are places that i can tell if its coming out of the turbo?

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.