Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Let's Make My E99 Great Again!

716 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sullir23 
#1 ·
Hello Gents,

E99 with 260k miles on the clock. Looked at some 15' and up year trucks on the dealer lots and after seeing the sticker prices I promptly returned home and gave my paid off truck a big hug. Truck is a ccsb 4wd with a goose neck in the bed and some take offs on a 16' model truck and they rub the springs a little at full lock out. Anyway on with my goals/wants.. I want the truck to ride as good as possible i'm tired of my butt coming out of the seat anytime I hit some small bumps going down the road. I have to give my steering wheel the death grip to stay seated. truck has air bags in the back for leveling it out when hooked up to goose neck. I am looking at running 35's with either a 4" suspension lift or smaller not trying to get too jacked up for the towing abilities. I figured a full suspension swap or do the hanger system from icon. Which route do y'all think is best? Also, trans has been rebuilt with heavy duty tq converter and a trans-go shift kit so its fresh and works really well. Horsepower and torque wise I want to be putting the same numbers as the new trucks maybe just a tad more but want to be able to drive daily and tow moderately in the 14k range so I'm thinking around 550hp maybe 600hp tops and be around the 1000 to 1200 lbs torque range being able to dial it back with a switch for when towing heavy and to let it eat when daily driving but not like an idiot wide dang open all the time. I've looked into the kc turbo but that would require a late 99' swap and after all that money I think i want to go the t4 route with an irate kit or comparable. I think this would be easiest and a lot more selectable for turbo choices hands down. Don't know what to do about injectors/big oil/cam/fuel supply etc. this is where i need some help. I'm wanting the truck to put down tq "don't shoot me" comparable to a Cummins down low in the rpm range.

so to sum it up, 1. As good a ride as possible with up to 4" of lift and 2. 550hp-600hp with double the torque for daily driver and tower and be dead set reliable like the truck is right now if that is remotely possible. Do i need to shoot for lower numbers like the 500hp thresh hold?

Thanks for the help!

See less See more
#3 ·
450 to 500 is a pretty good out of a 7.3 that said it would also be remarkably nice as a dd. corey @cncfabrication has hydra chips which would give you a very selectable tune and make for a nice easy dd with storng towing ability

my truck is an 04 but same suspension and i went with a bds 4" lift and 6" off set only runnin 33's at present but no rub even at full lock and very nice manners on road and off.
hope that helps you :D

#4 ·
1) If you want a smoother ride doing a '05+ axle/suspension swap will serve you well
2) You'll need a fully built motor to hit those number, head studs (if you want to help the reliability), push rods, upgraded valves springs like comp 910s, a 250/100 injector, adrenaline HPOP and a full fuel system. That's just off the top of my head. Oh yeah and get your checkbook ready for this one $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.