NEW HEADLIGHTS??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to F250 Fever
NEW HEADLIGHTS???

So I jus bought some new headlights off ebay, I'm at work right now and jus wondering. If some of y'all could give me a few hints on making this easier on a kid with his psd thx guy preciate any info and I was lookin at one of the threads and someone. Said you have to take of the bumper to take out the headlights??? (I'm replacing the entire headlights not jus the bulbs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

What headlights did you get?You do Not have to remove the bumper,that I am aware of.I just put 03 headlights in mine,No problems.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:03 PM

I also put 02-04 headlights in today, but mine is an XL. A little different because mine had the sealed beam lights. If your doing a swap from sealed beams let me know. There are a couple of things to look out for.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to no-tel-in
OK, I am going to slightly hijack... When upgrading headlights to the 02-04 headlights you do not have to do anything but swap, right? no trimming/harness changes?

When upgrading to 05-07 headlights exactly WHAT ALL is required to put them in these trucks?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-tel-in View Post
OK, I am going to slightly hijack... When upgrading headlights to the 02-04 headlights you do not have to do anything but swap, right? no trimming/harness changes?

When upgrading to 05-07 headlights exactly WHAT ALL is required to put them in these trucks?
To upgrade to the 02 to 04,I did nothing but plug them in.Not sure about the other years mentioned.
Sorry for the Highjack OP.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just finished mine today. the pass side of the bumper is higher so it was a pita to remove and put the screw back on.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-tel-in View Post

Mine is a '99 XL. If your upgrading from the sealed beam its a little different, for me at least. There is a harness for the 6054 plug for the sealed beams that connects from the 9007 plug. You follow the wires about 6" back and the 9007 will be behind the header panel. Also 2 of the 3 the holes on each side that the lights pop into didn't hold for me. I had to use some hitch pins to hold them tight. That part was probably not common, but I guess can happen. The 9007 plug is something that took me a little bit to figure out because its not visible.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Ok thx for all the help guys I bought the halo projectors and they are not the sealed beam type.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:51 PM

So I'm sure I jus unscrew some things and swap old for new and plugem in? And align them so I'm not gettin the bird from everyone..lol
Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smile New Headlights???

Hi,
What brand of HID lights are best buy? I like to see at nite and would like an idea of the cost and manufacturer of the kit.
Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.