Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

8" lift

961 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Broncoguy 
#1 ·
Just want to know what modifications are needed to put an 8" lift on a truck... like any driveline, steering etc mods

#3 ·
Just put an 8" Icon lift on my Superduty. You will need to lenghthen the drivelines, shocks, brake lines and vacuum lines if you have auto hubs. The steering works fine although it is at a rather steep angle. If your lift kit doesn't come with it, you will probably need an adjustable track bar (Panhard bar) too.

#4 ·
Excursion

That is a sweet looking Excursion Raul. What lift, tire, wheel combo are you running on that. I just bought a 2000 EX that I am going to put a lift and tires on after I yank the V-10 and auto out.

#6 ·
yeah no crap raul that thing is a beaut ... got any bigger pic of it

#7 ·
oh yeah skrew my topic lol that truck is too pretty to go unnoticed lol

#9 ·
Ex's

I don't have mine yet, but I am assuming that the short box crew cab superdutys will share a lot in common with the Ex's (Like the one piece drive shaft). At least that is what I am hoping when I start the 7.3/6 speed swap on mine.

#10 ·
I don't have mine yet, but I am assuming that the short box crew cab superdutys will share a lot in common with the Ex's (Like the one piece drive shaft). At least that is what I am hoping when I start the 7.3/6 speed swap on mine.
my old truck was a SB CC and it had a 2 piece driveshaft... when i looked under the truck today i was shocked to see the 1 piece driveshaft

#11 ·
Ex

:doh: I hope I have better luck swapping some of the other parts then.:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.