eans stage 1 injectors question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
eans stage 1 injectors question

They sell rebuilt for 1200$(stage 1) or new for 2000$
The reading I have done on ijectors, says the reman or rebuilt ones have a much greater failure rate, is this just applying to original stock ones? I dont have a ton of cash 800 less seams good.
Any thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New or rebuilt, you can still get a junk set... but your odds are less with a new set. My friend got a set that washed down his cylinder walls with fuel and toasted his motor....

In all honesty what are your plans with the truck. You are going to barely notice a difference with stage 1's... For 2k you can get a set of hybrids...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 AM
<< Representin with INK

MOst places especially companies as big as beans are, they flow bench every single injector that leaves the shop if Im not mistakin. You can still get a bad injector but it will be later on down the road when the parts inside fails. You shouldnt have a set like he had that complety ruins motor unless you just dont wanna pull it back out to get replaced. Most places will still give you a 1 year warrenty with purchase of a new part reman injector.... and sometimes more....
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 AM

just drive it. I would prefer single shot's. I think they run better.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
<< Representin with INK

They are a better injector, a little louder but better in almost every other way possible.... They are more expensive too tho lol
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 AM

the beans stage 1's they are single shot right?
Can i run those with out any electrical mods to the idm or anything? I dont have custom tunes? I am not asking if i can run them 100 percent efficient with out tunes, just can i use them with out tunes?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
<< Representin with INK

If your split shots now and trying to run single shots without having custom tunes it wont run right at all!!!

The timing of the single shots is If I remember right 10 degrees higher or lower I am not sure which way off the top of mu head. But at Idle it will be really hard to start and lope like nobody's business lol its not the best thing to do.... If yours are still running ok now I would just save for the custom tunes.... It will definetly be worth your money, as well you can have a 4 position or a 2 position or whatever you want up to six on most tuners and dp up to 15.... most go buy each tune as far as pricing anyways and you can add on later with more mods or just to add more variety.....

Hope this helps
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM

i called beans, have to have custom tunes. Thats 600 bucks. Plus the 1100 for injectors. I am gonna check with riffraff diesel too. I wanted to just get injectors. But i wont buy anything if its not flow tested first.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM
<< Representin with INK

I agree I wouldnt risk it, Check with dp tuning I know they could do you with like two tunes and it would only be like $300 extra on top of injectors for their f5. You would really like their tunes too..... Maybe something like the 80 economy daily driver and then the 40hp tow tunes would set you up good for now and cheap.

Also theirs beans, rosewood, swamps, DDP, Industrial injection, diesel performance plus, casserly thats most the bigger names. Theirs alot more out there too lol those are just the ones I know off the top of head real quick.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM

whats fs?
If i buy beans injectors, do i havr to use beans tunes? Could i get the tunes from DP?
injectors from beans? Not that dp's arent good. I just have no idea. I am not looking to race the truck. I have to save cash to buy this stuff. I would like to know how much i need..
thx for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.