Lookin at a 01 help please!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lookin at a 01 help please!!

Hey all first off I just want to say that I really enjoy this site and one can learn a lot from just reading the posts. Moving on I am currently in the hunt for a later model 7.3 and I found one yesterday. It is a 2001 reg cab long bed f350. It has an auto and is 4wheel drive. The truck has the xlt package and seems to be in great shape. I personally haven't seen it just a picture and talked to a guy at the lot it was on. My question is the truck has 130,000 miles and they area asking $15,900 is this in the ball park? Also what things should I be cautious of when looking at this truck? Also if I was to get the VIN # could someone run the numbers and tell me more on the truck?? Thanks in advance for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Fishing Fanatic

I know Rodslinger will do OASIS reports for premium members which can tell you alot about past vehicle service problems. That price seems just a little high to me for a Reg cab. You should be able to get a truck like that for about $13K. Just my two cents though. Look up the truck on Kelly Blue Book or NADA and see what it is worth, do a Carfax history report for accidents, and a Oasis on service. Then haggle the heck out of that ASKING price. Good luck with your future truck!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Also a good thing to check on trucks with that kinda of mileage is the ball joints and wheel bearings
Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 AM

I did a KBB on it and it said a dealers asking price would be 17,900. I was thinking around 13,000-14,000 would be a good price for it. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 AM

I called and got the vin# if anyone can help me. 1FTSF31F11EB88253
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Back in Oct 05, I got my truck for $17,200 with 167K on the clock. I thought it was a fair deal. Mine came with aftermarket bumpers, steps, toolbox, rack and 4" lift with 33" tires though. I would go in an offer $15K flat...fees included (read tax, Title, and License). If your willing to haggle a little, you'll get a little better of a price. I bet you can get it for $15,500 which sounds fair to me.
Also, check the NADA price. The dealer I bought mine from used NADA, and they were a little higher than KBB.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds high for miles and bed/cab config.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:38 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I bet the dealer did not give more then 10,000 on trade in for the truck. If you have driven the truck and like the truck and the truck is in good mechanical shape. I would offer 14,500. After you through in tax and title and all the the other fees. Your looking at about 15,500 off the lot.

As for things to look at, ball joints, wheel bearings, carrier bearing if the truck has one, u-joints, if it is 4x4 check the front axle shafts joints, tire wear, Is there even wear or is there choppy wear, what exhaust does it have, aftermarket, or oem. Is there a chip in the truck has a programm been install. Does it have oem or aftermarket airfilter. These are just a few things I would be looking at. One thing is if it has aftermarket parts that is a plus because then you don't have to buy those parts.

Just my thoughts on this though.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

I believe you have to be a premium member to get the oasis reports now Grindem, It was one of the things that was swamping the guys that do them, so It is now one of the perks of premium membership. It's a good investment though, all it takes is one problem to show up, and you've made your money back easily.

Gord.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Way too much man, if you look more Iím sure you will find a better deal.
I buy trucks for my company all the time, we run 16 ford f350's all dual tires.
For a 2001 truck with dual tires long bed lariat package with about 130,000 miles you should pay about 17,000.
For the truck you looked at I will not pay more than 13,000 or 14,000 if itís in top shape.
I donít think itís a good deal bud.
When you do buy a 7.3 it will last you for a long time as long as you take good care of it, oil changes on time, fuel filters, air filters, donít try to push it to its max day in day out; if you do all that you will drive it to 400,000 miles easy.
I buy trucks every two years all 2001-2003 only 7.3 they are the best trucks ford has ever made.
Check out that website I work with them allot, I think they will deliver the truck to you for free.
Woodhouse Auto Family - Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Lincoln Mercury Mazda Nissan & Porsche, if you need extra help let me know I'll be happy to help you find a good truck.

Alon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.