Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Potential Buyer

368 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mickflip 
#1 ·
All,

So I have owned a 6.4 and absolutely loved it but I am now in the market for a 7.3. I found a 1 owner CC 4x4 in pretty good shape with 204k miles for $7500. Just curious if that is a good deal and what I should look out for and check when going to look at it and test drive it. Any help is appreciated?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Depends where you are. In my area (New England) that would be a steal if it was rust free. Sounds like a pretty good deal, hard to say without pics and more details. I would think it's probably worth checking out.

Keep in mind that at 204k you could be looking at some serious maintenance costs, like a transmission, injectors, etc. Basically all your wear items so if it was me I would be looking for a very detailed service history with receipts.

Plenty of videos out there on what to look for that helped me a lot buying my previous two trucks. Treat it as any other used vehicle, test drive it hard, look for smoke, check blow by, signs of leaks and whatnot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.