Glow Plugs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to excursionMark
Glow Plugs

Has anyone used the Bosch or champion glow plugs ... I have read that the champion plugs are really good and they get hotter quicker and all these fantastic things but I was wondering if anyone has used them and seen any better performance as far as cold starts and all of that fun stuff ... And please dont just come and say it's all crap just get the oem replacements I would like a valid opinion or review on these plugs not a bash of any above spec glow plugs ... These are the only 2 that my local napa has in stock and I need them really bad so I cant wait for the oem replacement ones hence the question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I have used the Bosch, Champion etc.... none of them last like the Beru's. Beru's are the only plugs I recommend, and to be honest the Bosch were the worse!! But hey it's your truck feel free to use what you feel is right for you.

NCH
Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 AM

Crap ... That's good to hear that the cheaper ones are better but now I have to wait or check the other places around ... Thanks for the quick response ... The main reason I was asking was because I'm having real chitty starts in the morning so I've gotta get gps cus one I know is bad ... Hopefully some other store has the berus
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM

when i replaced mine, my dealer had idk how many in stock...i have not used any aftermarket, but i was also told that they wont last very long. not to bash them or anything, but just tryin to save you the time of doing it twice. good luck to ya.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 AM

DONT USE CHAMPION THEY ARE JUNK! sorry im just dealing with this now. i was in a bind last year so i replaced mine with champions and now im replacing them again. i ran an ohms test and got 0 resistance on all 8.... just what i wanted.

i have always heard to replace them with the ones that are made in Germany. it will say germany on the side of the plug.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks guys ... The reason I was I dick of sorts in the first post is because usually crap like this turns into no valid thoughts and just a pile of rants ... But thanks for the input I'm deff going to look for te berus and deal with these starts for a while if it means getting the right plugs
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Ok one more question how about the autolites ... It's the only thing in stock at the local advance auto so I just wanna see if they're good
Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 AM

in all honesty i would stay away. i have not personally used autolites but since glow plugs do not have an infinite life span. i think you will save more money buying good plugs the first time so your not replacing them every year. like i am right now
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM

oh man i think im gonna skip all this trouble and just get myself some sparkplugs lol ... ok i lied that wasnt my last question but i think this one is .... where the heck can i find the berus ... all i can find locally are these bullchit ones like Echlin, autolite, ac, champion, and bosch
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM

stay away from autolite stuff. You will save time and money if you go with good plugs brotha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.