need some pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
need some pics

hey guys so I am looking for some pics....Im thinking about having my 08 mirrors painted to match my truck....still leaving the upper portion chrome....Im having all my stuff painted this week and really debating having them painted....Im also having my upper valance and lower valance of my bumper smoothed and painted as well....so Im having ALOT of work done this week and would really like to see some pics of trucks with some or all of the following...

smoothed painted mirrors( 08's would be better if you have them on the 99-07 trucks, if not not a big deal)
smoothed and painted upper and lower valance
color matched door handles
rollpan
08 tailgate

all these parts are getting done and Im pretty sure Im going to remove my steps or have them removed this week to see if I like the look of them off the truck with the lift....the wife ok'd it.

Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't forget to smooth out your rear tailgate handle. That would be a nice touch...

I would stay away from painting the lower valance. I don't think it will look that great, unless you get the chrome part of the bumper painted.

As far as the mirrors go, I would just have the cover portion chrome and red, but not the mounts for it. If you do paint the mounts then make sure they get sanded and prepped properly. Every set I have seen painted is in pretty bad shape after a year or two. But I think that might be too much red.. .the red and black do complement each other.

Really put some thought to what you want to do with the front end. Part of me wishes I would have just painted it all and gotten rid of the chrome... The painted front ends are real nice and unique.

You are going to love the look without the steps. But I tell you it is a pain to get in the truck without them. You and everyone will be cursing you trying to hop in.. I had mine off for a week and it sucked... Leave yours on there and find a set of Amps to replace them with...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM

You could also do this too... Except in red... or black... This is from Stroked95 on another site...

Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Man id like to take my lights apart but i dont think i have the guts
Old 11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Chad im with Layson i would just do the chrome caps red and leave the mirrors black
Old 11-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
the idea of the rear handle is an AWESOME IDEA!!!! I'll have to get that smoothed and painted as well....

and good point on the lower portion of the valance....I want MAINLY red until the truck gets painted next year and goes to black, than it will be an equal amount of the two.

I really don't want to go with an all red front end, I had that when I first did my 05 conversion and I actually didn't like it at all. I traded Heavy Assault my painted bumper for his chrome bumper, I don't want steps, I think it makes the bottom of the truck look funny....I just found out Im tasked already for next year so I will buy those with my next deployment....the amps will go on my truck.

Chad
Old 11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

well I primarily want to delete most of the black on the truck. next year it will ALL be going BLACK so I want to try a few things to see what I like this year for now. I've seen the painted caps and Im not too much of a fan, primarily I want more red and chrome for this year.

Chad
Old 11-29-2009, 05:21 PM

so let me get this straight...you are painting everything red this year and then next year you are going to change all the red to black???!!!?????!!!!

Maybe I misunderstand or you must have a painter who gives you one heck of a good price.

Good luck man.
PS. Thank you for your service to our country!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned

yeah Im painting all the exterior accessories I ordered red....sounds kinda crazy because it is getting changed in like september.....but my painter is giving me an awesome price on all this red stuff....he's only charging me 250 bucks to paint the tailgate, hood, handles, rollpan, mirrors, and valance.....than next year Im going to drop the real money on an excellent paint job and new katzkins interior and 08 panels and stereo system and tires THAN MY TRUCK IS COMPLETE!!!!

Chad
Old 11-29-2009, 06:30 PM

" THAN MY TRUCK IS COMPLETE!!!! "
Yea Right.....lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.