Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to the forum

2K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  '99 7.3lpowerstroke 
#1 ·
Well I've been searching for for and older super duty, been searching the net for months, finding people that think they are sitting on gold and then the ones out of my price range. Well mentioned to a buddie that I have been on the hunt for a truck, tells me I have a '99 crew cab f250 super duty 7.3l. I was extatic, so he tells me get a set of batteries and see if u can't get it running, so I do, mind u this truck had been sitting for 2.5yrs, not started at all sitting outside. So I get it moving and get it to my house, we'll this is were things start getting interesting, I get home wait an hr go out and check all the fluids make sure everything is good, to my avail it was 2 gal low on engine oil so my search begins, oil in the fuel.......well it ends up being the injectors......I buy the factory ford injector of ring kit for all 8 injectors, reseal all 8 my oil consumption problem is no longer, then on to the next problem, smoking like crazy while cranking, do the diag on it glow plugs......get 8 brand new Motorcraft glow plugs......she purrs like a kitten.....smokes a little when she's cold but I believe that could be caused from all the oil in the fuel. Runs great then my buddie tells me ohhh I forgot to tell you before I parked it there was a $4,000 bullet proofed Trans put in it. Awesome. Truck only has 282,000 on the clock and I only paid $2,500 for it. Needs some body work, cab corners and rockers in the rear and 4 doors, which I'm on the hunt for. Just thought I would share my story or adventure so to speak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#14 ·
#10 ·
When you change the trans fluid make sure you just drain it and change the filter. don't do the flush or it could end bad. If you want to get all the fluid out remove the rear cooler line and drain a little fill it back up drain some more and repeat. If you flush it it can loosen up the settled gunk and cause a lot of issues.

#17 · (Edited)
Another issue I'm having is a popping noise from the left front everytime I hit a bump???? I shook the front end down and ball joints feel tight and tie rods and everything else has minor play but nothing noticeable as far as where this damn noise is coming from. I even checked the the front axel u joints. Possible hub or wheel bearing maybe?

#19 ·
Another issue I'm having is a piping noise from the left front everytime I hit a bump???? I shook the front end down and ball joints feel tight and tie rods and everything else has minor play but nothing noticeable as far as where this damn noise is coming from. I even checked the the front axel u joints. Possible hub or wheel bearing going bad????

#22 ·
Which one would u get if u were me? Looking for input on tuners and exhaust?

I would get the edge cts 2 for monitoring and php hydra for tunes.

I'm partial to the mbpr 4" turbo back for exhaust.

Reactions: sbluke55
#20 ·
Or the sway bar bushings and end rods

#24 ·
I have to look at mine. It is making a front end noise when i hit bumps too now. Did you replace the spring bushings yet? If so how hard was it.

#26 ·
Mine was like a clunking or pop when I hit bumps and it was felt in the floor board right under my foot. And to check it I just grabbed the steering wheel and pulled hard back and fourth and it was real noticeable, u just need to have someone or yourself under the truck to look while doing this

#28 ·
Yeah I'm loving it already, looking for a nice set of wheels for it next......if anyone has any nice wheels I'm in the market for some. I'm not looking for anything over a "10 wide wheel and nothing over a "20 wheel. Or any other crew cab super duty parts.....need doors and box, and some interior pieces. Any help is appreciated.

#29 ·
Well I got that front end noise figured and fixed, I will tell you this....... sway bar links and bushings, I didn't think that was it cause they looked fine. Boy was I wrong....both bushings were completely blown out, the sway bar links, the rubber was all dry rotted. Problem fixed. Thanks cletusjermal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.