what goes and when? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what goes and when?

Hi Everyone,

My truck has performed like a champ since i bought it (1 year ago, knock-knock) Very much due to the help of you guys. I've been a good boy, and got right on things that needed to be done...

I have 122k on it now and am wondering what repairs you all did around this point?

-just wondering what to keep an eye/ear on for the next thing needing to be replaced.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Premium Member

ok, I'll start...LOL

truck is in the shop getting axle joints. seized at 122k. carrier bearing went recently as well. so, ujoints are an expected replacement around the 'buck-and-a-quarter' mark in snowy areas
Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how bout your CPS?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Premium Member

done did it
-and have 3 spares.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ball joints, wheel bearings, and carrier bearing. I've done two outta the three, carrier bearing is up next. Oh, if you're chipped, start saving for a tranny... Mine has 138K on it. It'd also be a good time to change all the fluids if you haven't yet.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:37 AM
<< Representin with INK

Ya If chipped or tow alot atleast your T/C is taking a beating, balljoints, carrier bearings and wheel bearings, U-joints next lol, Glowplugs, possible injectors depending on quality of fuel most areas, filters, turbo depending on usage as well, up-pipe gaskets, intercooler boots, ebv valve sticking, p/s pump failure, serpentine belt.

There are some things that will last alot longer than this, these are a good starting point to look at. Ive seen some people go alot longer than this without as many things replaced but I have also seen a truck where if ya replace it before it "needs" to be done it will last you a hell of alot longer.

Ive personally seen 1.2 million miles on an OBS powerstroke and the guy worked the hell out of that truck every single day and it started every single day until he sold it lol, They are awsome trucks, take care of it and it will take care of you
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

thanks!

yup - trying to take care of it.
good list! some of which is already taken care of, others not: PS pump, injectors, turbo. I'll try to preform some EBPV maintenance soon and I'll keep my ear on the turbo.

I think the spring time list will be EBPV actuator o-Ring/pedestal removal & check turbo, a couple oil leaks, and up-pipes (prolly to the IH pipes).

this thing keeps me busy for sure but, it's cheaper to pay for occasional repairs than make car payments.

thanks all, keep 'em coming...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 AM
<< Representin with INK

Quote:
this thing keeps me busy for sure but, it's cheaper to pay for occasional repairs than make car payments.
Thats for sure lol, Id much rather spend money on better parts than monthly payments to use it lol.

The other thing I forgot to mention is the front shackle leaf spring bushings go out pretty fast, I would really recommend some poly bushings, no more squeaking and a little better ride. They are a b*tch to swap out tho lol get ready for some kickin and screamin and swearing while doing em
Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 AM

I've got 135k on my 2000. I have replaced: All u-joints,front bearings, rebuilt rear end, clutch, water pump, glow plugs, harnesses and relay, sway bar links, shocks, ball joints, cps, hpop line o-rings, brake rotors, 2 calipers, e-brake shoes. I know there is probably more I can't remember. Now I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
i have 129k. im pretty sure my truck needs most front end parts replaced, vacuum work on 4 wheel drive only the manual lockouts will lock it in, rear end work, glow plugs, found a new oil leak today my mom said, new paint, rust repair, and yeah lol my truck needs work but i cant afford it. say hello to vehicle neglegance. FML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.