Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

In the market for gauges

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  00t444e 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new here and to diesels in general but have been learning a lot the past several weeks.
I recently purchased a 2001 7.3L F350 with 194k miles. One owner truck, no 5th wheel towing but did some trailer towing. I looked it over very extensively and everything was in very good order.

I plan on using this truck almost exclusively for towing a 5th wheel so the 1st thing I did was upgrade to a 6.0 trans cooler.

Now I need gauges before I start my simple upgrades for performance.
I don't plan to go any more than these = intake, exhaust, then maybe a chip.

This is the gauge I'm looking at
Aeroforce Technology Inc - Interceptor
I really like that its plug & play. Are these types of gauges more or less accurate than mechanical types ?
Any thoughts or experiences with this ?

All comments and recommendations are greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#3 ·
The areoforce interceptor is a good gauge and it was very popular at one point. It can also do injector buzz, and cylinder contribution tests. Most people now use the edge cts monitor. If you want analog gauges Auto Meter and Isspro are the most popopular. Glowshift is the cheapest option but reliability is hit and miss, they do have good customer service however. I have Auto Meter z series for boost and egt and a glow shift fuel pressure gauge. No issues with auto meter but I am on my third fuel pressure sender for the fuel pressure gauge.

#9 · (Edited)
I have a mix of banks and ISSPRO. I have had an issue with both brands and they both sent me replacement parts with no questions asked. I would recommend either.

#10 ·
Thanks for all the replies, but no one has really answered my question about which is better ?

Do the plug and play monitors (ie. PHP, SCT, Aeroforce) perform better than the mechanical ?

Are they really just plug & play or will I need to install add ons for things like egt's ?

I'm still in the learning curve and prefer to make the right choice the first time around.

Thanks

#11 ·
The pcm does not monitor egts or fuel pressure so you will need sensors for those. It also will only monitor boost up to 24 psi of boost so you will need a sensor or gauge for that also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.