Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is this a knock?

562 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tormentedfaith 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My God, what did you do to that once princess in photo besides letting surface rust start jumping on it?
No! No bad internal death knock!
Very"lopy" it's out of "balance". This can be via fuel delivery or electronic command delivery failure.
Could write page long detail, not going to. I'm going to show a short cut to a path, to start down...
Like you brought that camera into the wheel well... we'll get a little further under. Once under with goggles on to keep things out of your eyeballs, point a temp reading gun up to each cylinder's exhaust port going into manifold. Identify non firing/weak producing cylinders and use as a base for further diagnosis. Cylinders all pretty close in temp but acting like that? Chase base fuel supply...i.e. Lift pressure/ flow (not one in same), AERATION(the biggy for loping) and can be found by trying to run up to 3k rpm held steady with pedal but tach wants to "hunt".
I'll be here all week ��

#5 ·
Judging by the time it was posted,,,, I'm guessin' his response may have been influenced by alcohol

(I'm not hearing what you're concerned with in your vids...)
I don't know it's just a different tone. If it's sitting next to another 7.3 it puts off a different sound coming from the passenger side if you go over to the driver side you can't hardly hear it. Also can't hear it from the front end or from the top of the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.