buying a 7.3 plus a trans - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
buying a 7.3 plus a trans

so i found a 99 7.3 extcab/ long bed 2x4 with 198miles on it, but the guy is selling it for $3000 obo because the transmission is pooched, so i think i might go have a look at it tonight and see the condition of everything and if its decent(and i mean work truck decent). then i will go pick up a used transmission from a another guy on craigslist. the 4r100 and trq converter has 153km and is also out of a 99.. it was removed from the truck because the truck was rolled over (and there for written off by icbc) trying to avoid a moose on a road in northern BC. the guy said he bought it off his friend incase his trans went on him, but he is tired of lugging this transmission around everywhere he goes . so hes selling it for $1000obo.. i would through him 500 or so

then i would go rent a truck trailer from Uhaul and go get the f250 and drop everything off at a local trans shop and the guy said he would throw it in for about 400...

i will either keep the truck as a work truck, sell it to my dad, or maybe just sell it cuz i could make a decent profit of this steal..

what do you guys think

Last edited by INTERNATIONAL7.3; 11-24-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
I would recommend rebuilding the trans and then you could have a nice truck for about 4500. Assuming the new trans would be about 1500 to rebuild. Just my opinion. Cause there is no point in buying a trans with a lot of miles on it when you can rebuild em for the same price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.