looking for a roll pan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
looking for a roll pan

so does anyone have a roll pan on their truck?Im looking for one for my truck, who has the best pricing on this? Id prefer a urethane or fiberglass one if at all possible, please help I have like a week to find one....

Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

chad.. any particular reason u want fiberglass or urethane? steel roll pans are so much better and the fact that u can weld them on completely is a bonus
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I had a fiberglass one on my truck and loved the way it looked. I just took it off to put on my new bumpers. I agree that a steel pan is MUCH better as it wont ever get stress cracks. If you are going to have it molded in (which I wouldnt recommend), steel is the only way to go, and even then they sometimes crack over time. Second to steel I would say urethane and lastly fiberglass. I took alot of time doing the finish work on mine and I still ended up with a couple stress cracks. It took me about 4 months of everyday looking on ebay to find one. I might be able to get you a steel one, if you want me to check, let me know....
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm sure I can get a grant pan at cost... Just let me know
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
well I would like a urethane for ease of installation( my wife is going to be installing it or having it installed...) if she does it or has someone do it having it "finished" is going to require painting the back half of the bed....that's why I prefer urethane...simply for ease of my wife and Im not planning on spending a ton of money on painting things on it this year since the whole truck is getting repainted next year.

Chad
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
<< Representin with INK

You could probably have the pan pretty closely matched if your paintin the whole truck next year. I would go steel tho, youll never get the look of a nice steel pan with a urethane one. If you go grant The fitment Is really nice actually, im planning on doing the same thing but im still gonna have kind of a prerunner bumper thing behind the pan as well. I need to get rid of all that stupid chrome side stuff lol I hate it, came on the truck. Also the highway patrol ran their dog up and down the side of my truck, long story but I need to repaint the whole truck again. Sad looked good for a decade and the guys supposed to be protecting us, decided they didnt like the fact Im a young kid that worked his *** off to buy his truck so they ruined the paint on purpose with the dog just to be dicks. Love the cops ha NOT. Cops suck here in utah, Their almost all power hungry DICKS!!!

Last edited by Grease Monkey; 11-23-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

well, Im not there to do the finishing work and quite honestly Im saving every dime for paint and my wife is goingto be the one putting it on and she can't weld....so it's urethane for me, plus if it breaks it's not going to break the welds on my bed, it's just going to break the rollpan, not as worried, I prefer a urethane pan....just need a good price on one.

Chad
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
<< Representin with INK

Grant pans bolt on! you can weld to mold it in but they bolt it just like the urethane.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned

hey str8ugly, do you ever have an issue with a grant pan hitting the paint at the bottom of the bed or does it bolt there too to keep it from scratching the paint? if the grant pan is a complete bolt on and will allow me to weld and finish it later on right before I paint the truck Ill go that route.......think I can get one for around 200 bucks for the grant??? only have around 200 dollars in my budget this week strictly for a rollpan, I also am getting my tailgate painted this week.....my hood and rollpan are getting painted next week.

Chad
Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Grease Monkey, sorry to be Off topic but I have to ask how the police dog ruined your paint. If true I would be going down to the station as soon as I left the traffic stop and having a chat with their CO and then on to the body shop for a estimate!!!

NCH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.