What to do now - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do now

So i have tried to research anything else i can do to my truck with basically no money, i got laid off in september. The truck i have is a 2000 f-250 extended cab with the 7.3L, 6 speed manual tranny. So far i have put on the DIY intake, straight pipe exhaust, new tranny, CCV Mod, new glow plugs, TS performance mpd monitor, grill guard, new tires, and a couple of other things i cant think of right now. I know there are a bunch of threads up about cheap things you can do to your truck. I have done most of them and the ones i have not done is probably because i dont want to. IF you guys can thing of anything else i can do that would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Zoodad mod, fumoto valve, door seal mod, replace your cup thrower with a real cupholder out of a 2002 or later truck, I would get a UOA report as well, flush powersteering system with synthetic ATF this makes a big difference. Not sure how you did the CCV mod, hopefully you used this one.
CCV Mod
I would add a coolant filter and change to a true ELC coolant, Get rid of the crappy 2000 headlights, go with the 03 or 05 style. Just a few ideas off the top of my head. PM me with any ?

NCH
Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Banned

I've got something for you to try out! It looks like you have a boost gauge, so here is something I am curious on. I read this from another thread but everybody has stopped talking about it.

On the top of your motor by your x tubes, there is a rubber grommet looking piece holding on a red vac line, a green vac line, and an electrical connection. Supposedly disconnecting that elec connection will allow 5-8psi more boost. I've tried this (no boost gauge) and I can tell that at about 2800 rpms the truck catches a second wind and just takes off. Though, I cant prove this w/out a boost gauge. The only "downside" i noticed is that after 2k rpms my turbo no longer barks, presumably because the WG is being deactivated by disconnecting that wire.

Give this a try and report back with your results if you dont mind.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i will try that after school, i think i tried it once but didnt notice anything
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM

i have a 2001 with a 7.3 i straight piped it and have a superchip programmer along with a ts sniper chip and a wicked wheel and im running about 30 psi. i unplugged the plug by the x pipe and it made my truck a turn and it only put out 22 psi. so ide say dont unplug it. but a wicked wheel is about 100 bucks and it makes a hell of a difference
Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Banned

ya thats chipped though.. thats a lot different. I dont have any tuning or anything. once I get tuned Its being plugged back in and staying lol

but to the op let me know what you find out. I'm very curious how it works on an exhaust/intake only truck!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

right now i am pusing 20 lbs of boost on a stock turbo, il post up after i try it
Old 11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i just went out and tried it, i have never run the truck that hard but i hit 27 lbs of boost both with and with out the electrical connection hooked up. I did not feel any diffrence with the electrical connets hooked up, i have never ran the truck over 2500 rpms, this time i hit about 2650 rpms.The max egts i hit was 796 and that is normal for this truck mattering on what i am hauling and how i am driving.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow, I feel like crap now. You say that you have never gone over 2650. Ive had mine to 3200. And regularly go to 3000.
My friend does that even more to his and he has over 400,000.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Banned

2600 rpms?? Why short shift? Take it up to the 3200 rpm redline!

But did you do a few runs? I'm pissed if you didn't see a difference lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.