Quality aftermarket blow-off valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quality aftermarket blow-off valve

I have a 2000 F250 7.3 ZF 6-speed. I have added a 4'' MBRP exhaust and a K&N drop-in air filter. Supposedly the truck has a Bully Dog chip in it, but I do not know that for sure. The only other engine mods I wish to perform are: a good performance chip/tuner, possibly a cold air intake, and an aftermarket blow-off valve. Since I have the ZF 6-speed, I think an aftermarket blow-off valve would sound awsome. Do you guys know of a good one that I could buy and install?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This should answer your questions... no need for one.

blow off valve ?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM

Boy do I feel retarded. Thanks man, i appreciate the heads up on that one. Could I tap your insight for a recommendation on a good tuner and intake system? I been hearing good things about the AIS system, but the filters are high... I don't want a cheap system, its not worth sandblasting my turbo impeller and rings.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've heard good things about the AIS too and apparently INJEN/amsoil just came out with one I was riding?? exhaust is up to you... right now I got a magnaflow on mine(bought her that way, glad it wasnt stock haha) but straight pipe is great too. the less back pressure is good.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
do a search on BOVs. there are multiple topics about them. some say you need them other say you dont. im not going to get into it now because the horse is dead and berried. just do some home work.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I agree the search feature is your friend. Welcome to the forum. Make sure you do the correct supporting mods before running tunes, intake, exhaust, and gauges, if you had a auto you would want a tuned valvebody for the trans as well.
Also get that K&N drop in filter out of your air box today!!! They have been known to dust many a 7.3!! Probably hands down the worse filter you could possibly run. The AIS would be a excellent choice. See my mods!! PM me with any ?

NCH
Old 11-20-2009, 05:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

what is a tuned valvebody? I have the edge in my truck. should i get one? Sorry for cutting in the thread man.

I like the way my truck runs with what mods i have look at my sig. jeremyt7.3, but like they said everyone is different on what they want
Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Banned

Do the 6637 intake. Best bang for the buck. Sounds the best. Great mileage gains. Looks awesome. K&N will clog up and mess up your truck. Trust me. I have pics of a drop in fram that came in my truck. Solid black sludge from the oil that comes in them.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree with the last guy here K&N is junk on a diesel and just serch around. Something to keep in mind though is if its an open type filter it will be much louder than one that is sealed in a box or seals againts the hood. Me I dont mind the noise. I run a Tymar Perforamance Air Intake. This one is pretty loud though lol.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Thanks alot for the input guys - I just ordered the DP tuner 5 pos. system, and still have not reached a decision yet on the CAI. I am heavily leaning toward the Tymar system. I know it will be loud as hell just from looking at it. The K&N intake is coming out as soon as I get back from offshore. I had no idea those drop-in filters were so crappy. Thanks for that heads up guys most def.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.