can injectors make a loose lifter sound? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can injectors make a loose lifter sound?

I notice my tail pipe bent almost in half tonite. So I cut that part off. Then I said the muffler is outta here. I have a 4 inch ss straight thru performance muffler. I put that on in its place cause I had the adapter to make it fit. At this point i have no tail pipe on the truck.
I noticed a ticking lifter sound out the exhaust once started. Its the same sound in repitition with the sound from the front of the truck. My wifes has the same ticking type sound but not out the back, but she has a cat andd a stockmuffler. I am sure that would muffle anything. I know what the diesel noise is but this is like a loose lifter. But my other one does it too. I have a long lead ae injector in number 8 on my truck. It runs well.
Can the injector make this sort of lifter noise?
How would it come thru the exhaust like this? Do your guys do it too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine makes a ticking/knocking sound aswell.At times it sounds like the rocker arms are about to fly outta there.Then other times,it sounds like it is coming from the bottom end.Who knowsIf if blows up,then we will proceed to step 2
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM

My wifes did it a lot when we got it(its gotten better and smoother). I put a hx line on hers and been running lots of diesel kleen power service thru it. Every tank for about the least 5k and now and its much better. I will do the hx line for mine too if I dont take it from her.
I was just wondering if injectors could tick like a lifter? The hx line from riffraffdiesel was well worth the 55 bucks(wpners for hers). I am willing to bet no one ever ran any ps thru my motor. I hope it will clear up as hers did when i start acyually driving it next week(just bought mine).
Can the idm do any ticking? ARe they silent
my truck hasthe long lead number 8 injector.
What seems weird to me that I hear it out the tailpipe too on mine. Same sound from up front, its in sinc. Like I said, she has the kitty and stock muffler on hersso it must drown out the noise.(big time not flowing)
last, can a turbo make a ticking sound? Or just a whine type bearing scraping sound right?

Last edited by melmount; 11-19-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM

bump ............
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

another bump, i have the same noise, and was wondering also
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 PM

yeah, i just kind of need to know if an injector can make a lifter type tick tick sound?
Injectors may not make any noice, i am not sure?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I have the regulated return on order.Hopefully getting the air out of the system might calm it down a little.I will let you know.
I bought the cross-over line(not the stainless)..I couldnt get it tight enough for my liking..still setting on the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.