Buying 03 7.3. Any problems to be aware of - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying 03 7.3. Any problems to be aware of

Found an 03 7.3 50,000 miles. Everything looks great as far as the body is concerned. Are there any major problems with this year model trans or engine I should be aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

nothing really to speak of can you get some pics for us ? also once start thing i can highly suggest is becoming a premium member so you can get an oasis report give you some inside details
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Jon

Geez

I wouldnt care if there were problems with it to find a 7.3 with that low of miles. The 7.3 is rock solid. You should even have a lil bit of warr left on that one so thats a plus. If you have a buddy at the Ford dealer have him warrenty you a cam sensor for it.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the advise. I dont have any pics as of yet. I'll be buying the truck tom if everything checks out. It almost seems to good to be true to find a truck with that low of miles. It a 4x4 CC Lariet. I'll give it the best look through that I know how. Any sug what to look for other than the normal?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Sounds like a good find to me, congrats.

Jim
Old 03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Nuckin' Futz

If its a 4x4 id say get yourself a set of better than stock hub locks if you plan on using 4x a lot. The stock ones are kinda weak...but if you don't plan on using 4x don't worry about it. They are solid trucks...just keep an ear out for squeeky u-joints...fords like to eat u-joints for some reason...probably all that power!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Lord Tauk Send a message via AIM to Lord Tauk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaump View Post
Thanks for the advise. I dont have any pics as of yet. I'll be buying the truck tom if everything checks out. It almost seems to good to be true to find a truck with that low of miles. It a 4x4 CC Lariet. I'll give it the best look through that I know how. Any sug what to look for other than the normal?
You can find them, mine only has 63 thousand. Actually, I kinda wish mine had a little bit more miles on it, but I don't care.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Jon

'03

With that kind of miles you really havent got much to look for. You should still be ok on ball joints. Maybe check brakes. Other then that its a brand new truck. If they dont have records I would take it to get the tranny flushed first thing.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:20 PM

The only thing that was wrong with the truck is that the paint started flaking on one of the doors & rear panel. He brought it to a touch up guy and got it fixed. Dont know what cause it to happen. Is there a problem with paint flaking on those trucks. Hope it was not a cheap patch up job that will start having paint flaking off in 6 months. Never been wreaked so it has me guess as to what caused it.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just buy it! LOL

Only problem with the 03 motors is the PMR rods that were put in them that DON'T have an issue until you start adding a bunch of power.

Good find! It's got at least another 300k in her so the truck is dayum near new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.