Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel line groments?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Jokersace 
#1 ·
Can't I just make these things out of hose or something? Or are there alternatives?

Hard fuel lines going into the fuel bowl from the frame.

Just called my local ford house and they want $30 for a kit and the 2 seals for the 5/16's and 3/8's line are the only thing I need out of that stupid kit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Do you mean the Parker vibralock orings?

Dieselorings sells them cheap.

Reactions: JustinOOO9
#3 ·
Yeah but I would have to wait. Trying to find some locally right now. Got off work early.

#5 ·
True. The guy at ford told me to just cut some fuel line. That's why I originally asked. But if I could find them locally then I don't have to wait on shipping. So far no luck.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#6 ·
essentially the grommet is just to allow the fuel line to flex... so a cut line at the right thickness could get you by.

And on the bright side, you will have practice when it comes time to fix it with the right part. :nod:

#8 ·
Lol. Thanks. I already ordered them when I got home. Called and stopped in to physically check for those little buggers. Nothing. So I guess I'll just wait.

I know there are some things that can be gotten by on. This is why I asked to get multiple points of view. Thanks all for yall opinions.

#9 ·
Reactions: Jokersace
#11 ·
Hotrod I've looked into that. But since my lines are physically damaged in that section I can't replace them.

Thanks heavy. I keep forgetting about him. I'm going to have to write these thing down somewhere. Lol.

#12 · (Edited)

Attachments

#13 ·
See those I can use. Lol. Still trying to get my ol'e lady to approve my request.

Parts got put on hold until I fix the fire damage done a week ago on my house. Just waiting on siding and a back door to come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.